Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 19154 : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Tue Mar 10, 2015
Wa Macdonald answered:
I want your readers to know that I created a reliable closing cost and mortgage calculator for Pennsylvania at:
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 25, 2014
Ann Ryan answered:
There are several closing cost estimators available online. See the link for one example.

Ann Ryan
Keyes Real Estate
Se Habla Espanol
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 7, 2014
Andrew Himes answered:
Call Steve Gouviea at Reliance First Capital mortgage, if there is anything that can be done to help he will be able to do so. His number is (610) 401-4165
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Jonea Price answered:
Hi Chris,

Here is a rough estimate of the closing costs that you will incur:

Conveyancing Fee $290.00
Notary Fee $35.00
Title Insurance $1,540.00
Deed Recording Fee $235.00
2% Transfer Tax $950
There would also be a city tax proration payment.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you need any additional clarification on cash purchases. I work with cash investors and developers regularly.

Thanks! -Jo

Jo Major
Keller Williams Realty Group
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 18, 2013
Tracy R Robinson answered:
Hi Bettyann Mcburnie

There are all kinds of programs around. It's just a matter for matching to a plan for your situation. Call me 267-395-0251 and leave me a message if I am not available and I will return your call.

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
62 South Main Street
Yardley, Pa. 19067
Office: 215-495-0200 ext 1087
Direct: 267-395-0251
I Would Love Referrals From You
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Paul Carson answered:
Hello, I would happy to have a chat with you about your options offline. Please connect with me at your convenience.

Paul Carson – Guaranteed Rate – – 215-874-0125 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Sheri Curci answered:
Good Evening P Kline,

The norm is 2 years..... and showing a restructured credit rating.

I have a Finance Mngr that can help you restructure...?

Feel free to call me so I can get you started.

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX 215-757-2889
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
This is not something that can be explained by e-mail if you call me at 215-725-5700 X49 I can enplane the Tax part and the reason for the additional escrow deposit. I'm going to try but if you get confused please call me. Here we go if you take $2,959 and divide it by 12 The number of escrow payments per year you get the escrow deposit of $246.58 rounded up to $246.59 per month. When you take $1046 and divide that by $246.59 it will give you 4.25 which is the number of months that they want in reserve. This allows for tax increase, missed or late payment or another event which may affect the account I'm doing this without seeing any paperwork Please feel free to call me at 215-725-5700 X49.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 6, 2011
Scott Wade answered:
If the lenedr only requires 5% down then that is really all that you need. The seller should not care what you put down. The seller may have accepted the offer becaue it was less of a chance for the mortgage company to decline you with 20% down and therefore the settlement would be smooth. I would put the pressuer on the mortgage company to make sure they have to cleared to close at least 3 days before the settlement. The seller can keep any earnest money that was put down on the contract if you should get declined because you were trying to obtain a mortgage that was not agreed to on the initial offer ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Bruce Lang answered: depends on the association. there is something called a capital reserve account. usually the roof will be "reserved for" over time so there in money available...however, some condos don' have good financials...which is why buyers are given a 5 day review period on resales and 15 on new construction to review the condo docs, fianncials and budget....when you get the "3407" be sure the current balance sheet and profit and loss are there, learn about the reserves and get some advice if its suitable for the siize association. ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Voices Member answered:
S. Chan, It seems you might be asking for information on the foreclosure purchase/bid process and how you can view REO/Foreclosure properties. If so then this might help.

This should give you a general idea about REO/Foreclosures and links to foreclosure laws in all 50 states ......
The Banks and Gov. maintain Databases of their properties for sale and make these Databases available to the public to use for Free. The Databases contain asking price, address, property description, sometimes photos, listing agent/contact info and information about the purchase/bid process. Bank and Gov. property for sale (REO/Foreclosure) sites like these........ .......... ....

You can find the links to these Bank/Gov Databases and more at these sites..
Hope this helps a bit, Dunes
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Larry Lichtman answered:
Hi Madison,

I would definitely start looking for a place to move to. However, the bright side of this is, you should no longer pay any rent unless the bank notifies you through an attorney and sends you a copy of the "Assignments of Rent" clause. Most likely you will live rent free through the duration of your stay. I would advise you to definitely not continue to pay rent to anyone but the owner directly. If this guy is not the Owner of Record, don't pay him.

When the bank forecloses on the property, it will be sold at Sheriff's Sale, and then they will have to give you notice and time to move. More likely than not, this whole process will take many months and you should have enough unpaid rent saved to move elsewhere. In Philadelphia, as Michael Cohen adised you below, the Sheriff's office may offer assistance and direction. The bank, once it officially forecloses and buys it back at sale, may even offer you cash for keys. They will offer incentives like moving assistance to motivate you to leave and surrender the keys.

Please feel free to call me if you need further assistance. Good luck with everything.

All the best.
Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL (267) 254-7994
... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 18, 2010
Michael P. Cohen answered:
The answer is for Philadelphia only, They Sheriff Dept sends service only thorugh US postal system. You will not get served by Peron, like other Civil actions. Contact your lender if you are behnd in payments or a Federal agency that can help you for , NO CHARGE to help you. Call me a I give some contact numbers to get stated RIGHT NOW 610-642-0347 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Robert A. Martini answered:
Dear Ann-
The answer to your question is Yes! Condo's are great for older active people who aren't interested in taking care of the mundane duties of life such as shoveling snow and cutting grass. It can free them up to join a gym, go bike riding or just pursue their favorite activity without that "oh I got to take care of that" feeling. Also condos tend to be more secure if that is an issue. Condo resale value is not the best, but if this is not an issue then I say tell them to go for it!
Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Mon May 3, 2010
Christopher Kaisinger answered:
I have to agree with the rest of these guys, I don't think its coming back. That being said, it opens the door for serious buyers to get a good deal. The pool of buyers will decrease, so with less demand, sellers should be more willing to accept offers. We'll see how it effects market here in Northeast Philly. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 6, 2010
Gayle Terry answered:
To represent you seller , you need good pictures of the home. It makes one wonder that they are trying to hide the condition of the home.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 6, 2010
Debe Maxwell answered:
Stephanie Somers is absolutely correct and is an expert in short sales. Her blog post is a good read for you as well.

Good luck with it!

0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 19, 2009
Bill Sims answered:

Did you know if your a first time home buyer you can get $5000.00 up front for your closing cost, plus you still can have seller pay up to 6% of your closing cost. If you like anymore details please call me anytime. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice