Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

19150 : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 18
Tue Sep 19, 2017
Michaelmcfarland asked:
Sun Mar 1, 2015
Gliford Jean Call Jean First answered:
Hi Maria,
This should not stop you from buying. There are multiple loan products out there that you can use to purchase. An experience and knowledgeable agent can guide you through. I'm here to help if needed... 215-205-0393 ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 19, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
I am very sorry to hear about your divorce and situation. But tt seems to me that you should seek out a VA loan. A VA loan has plenty of advantages that seem to fit your situation. First off, VA loans do not need any down payment and can sometimes have low closing costs. They also have competitive interest rates and they do not need mortgage insurance premiums. I would strongly recommend to look into VA loans because I really believe in can help you in the situation you are in right now.

I can actually give VA loans so if you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, please feel free to contact me with the information on my profile page. Also, if you found my comment helpful please recommend be on my profile.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Michael answered:
I am looking for an experienced 203k contractor that has worked on projects 50k plus in Phila. Pa
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun May 22, 2011
Benjamin Frisk answered:
Your agent should do the research to find out what the home is worth, and if all is good with the value and price, then first find out if there are any other offers on the table, if not, your offer would be a good start if you are trying to see how motivated the Seller is, but if there are other offers on the table or interest from other Buyers, that initial offer may not even be in the ball park!

Also keep in mind, if you offer too low, it may insult the Seller and you will get a HIGH counter.

Good luck! and I hope it works out for you!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 22, 2011
Tricia Avila answered:
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Jeri Creson answered:
Your 203k lender should be able to get you a list of 203k certified contractors in your area, and have recommendations of who has done a good job in the past. Not all contractors are created equal, regardless of certification. You can also get them from HUD and from various other sites. Your work does not have to be done by a 203k certified contractor - keep in mind - - just a licensed contractor, (and do be sure to get several competitive bids on the scope of work) however your initial scope of work report - if you are doing a 203k consultant, versus a 203k streamline loan will need to be done by a HUD certified 203k contractor. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Sunny answered:
I just bought the house and paid that fee. I was not aware of flat rate commission, till four days left in settlement. Agent never talks about it but had my signature on last page (no initial on other pages even she changed some stuff on them by hand). So weichert charged $345 to me and also got commission from seller. I will never go back to weichert in future and will never recommend anyone to them.They will almost force you to offer high (so they can get more commission). Looks like no professionalism and no ethics. If you are buyer they will till you market is going up, but if are seller they will tell you market is going down. May be not all weichert agents are same, but the one i got was worse.i dont know when weichert start charging that flat rate commission. ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Gita Bantwal answered:
You have already received advice from others. It is easier to work with an agent because you will also get information about other homes that are priced to sell. There are some trulia members who specialize in the area. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 12, 2009
Kem Bailey Smith answered:
I have experience with 203K and homes in the 19150 area. I have just finished one. Give me a call to discuss

Kem Bailey Smith
Keller Williams Main Line Realty
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 14, 2009
Kathleen Sheridan answered:
There are now some new sources of grant money. At the same time, it is most important to get a house the suits your needs and that you will be able to afford once you own it.

I have worked with many 1st time buyers to get them the best deal for them. I'd be happy to help you too.

Kathleen Sheridan
Weichert, Realtors - McCarthy Associates
6901 Germantown Ave, Phila. PA 19119
Office: 215-843-1414 ext 230, Cell: 215-740-3320
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 3, 2009
Renee Porsia answered:
Hello William,

As long as you have not had a primary residence in your name in the past 3 years, you would be considered a first-time home buyer.

You would qualify for the credit that will end in November. It will depend on your income though for how much of that credit you actually get.

There is a program available that will give you money for your costs however, I would need to see if you qualify for that.

Then you have seller assist that you can ask for which will help and if you have good credit, you can take advantage of the low rates. They have gone up a bit but still are very low.

If you have some time, feel free to read my blog at I think you will find it helpful.

I'd love to talk with you further about your situation. Feel free to contact me.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office ask for Renee
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Gita Bantwal answered:
When you look to work with an agent you should pick an agent who has experience in the region not just the zip code you are looking in.Interview three agents and pick one that you feel is suited for your needs. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 5, 2009
Kem Bailey Smith answered:
Do you mean 16,000 or 160,000

Kem Bailey Smith
Keller Williams Main Line Realty
Cell- 267-972-3879
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Jeff K answered:
Multiple checks within a 14 day period are considered the same search so you won't get dinged there. But you certainly don't want it checked all the time ...

What I'd recommend is getting hooked up with a good independent mortgage broker that can really shop you around - and a single good agent from a company like Wells Fargo. They'll both need to run one check for you - so make sure you contact them both so that this is considered just one search. You won't get really beaten up for just "one more search" after one recent one. It's LOTS of credit look-ups that are bad. Here's a mortgage broker that you may wish to contact:

Kurtis Baker
Alternative Mortgage &
Investment Corporation
800-301-1500, ext. 124

If your credit could stand improving be VERY careful about those credit improvement services - many of those people are just looking to take your money. It's not all that hard to fix minor credit issues, and you don't need to pay some service to do it. Whatever you do - figure out what will help before taking any action - for example, canceling all your credit cards will hurt your credit - not help it.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 28, 2007
Horlow answered:
A 55 community home will work best for you Mammie; As Senior Real Estate Specialist i can help you with your specific needs. Call my office 215-538-5000, Ext 2021.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice