Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

19140 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 17
Tue Dec 6, 2016
Geminivalley asked:
I know to contact City Alderman.... however, what else or steps may be involved
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
I can't tell you not to pay. I'm not familiar with the laws of Philadelphia, but if you are living in the home and benefitting from the space, I would at minimum set money aside for the rent you may owe. If you spend the money elsewhere and find out you owe it, you could be in big trouble.
Is there a Tenants Union in Philly? Maybe a city, county or state office which can give you the information you need? Pursue this avenue rather than here, so you stay on the right side of things.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 15, 2014
samantha walker answered:
I am looking for a place now but I know they gong to close this building down my rent is do next month even doe my landlord is waiting on a answer to see whats going to happen do I still pay him rent most likey they told him that he has to turn it back into a house .he just waiting on the decision so what do I do ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 20, 2013
Michael P. Cohen answered:
You can not represent yourself if you are not a licensed agent. I typically tell agents to have someone else represent you in a personal transaction. Michael Cohen 610-642-0347
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Shakirah Williams answered:
in my opinion, unless it's all utilities included, then no, that's not reasonable. They are charging this obscene amount because of the hospital and the university. Unless you absolutely need to be that close to either of those, you can move a couple of miles north and save yourself a ton of money. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Anna answered:
Go down to the local housing authority and ask about rental assistance programs or low income-apartments that will base rent on a percentage of your total income.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Sheri Curci answered:
Good Evening, That's an Attny Question.

Usually it depends on how you titled the home, but with a Marriage and with Joint tenant by entirety?.... that's definitely an Attny question.

Good Luck and all the best

John Curci RE/MAX
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Sheri Curci answered:
Good Evening Brittany,

1st thing to see if the L/L will accept a lower negotiated price on a rental is Location Location Location!

2nd thing to review..... is the Amount Days the listing has been on the market... the longer on the market...... the better chance on getting a lower Price...

3-PROVIDING your Credit score and Collection history along with criminal back-round and eviction back-round check is acceptable. Hope this helps you?

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 18, 2011
Spirit Messingham answered:
Hmm, need more information tax id, or a property address would be excellent. You can also go onto Google Maps, type in the address and it will show you a picture.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun May 9, 2010
Gita Bantwal answered:
It is upto the buyer to decide if you wish to use an attorney. I suggest you use an attorney as you might feel more comfortable using one. In some states it is more common that in other states and some have a mandatory attorney review period. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat May 8, 2010
Renee Porsia answered:

For Sale By Owners represent themselves. If you hired your buyer agent by signing a Buyer Broker Agreement, then your agent represents you. If you did not sign a Buyer Broker Agreement, then the agent doesn't even represent you. That's number one.

If you did sign the Buyer Broker Agreement, then your agent is working to protect only your best interests and if they got the price down $15k, that is a great thing. The fee he/she wants to charge should be going to the FSBO and not you. If the FSBO does not want to pay your Realtor then someone has to and that would be you. You don't expect the Realtor to work for free do you?

Had you signed the Buyer Broker Agreement, you would have seen how the Realtor is paid should you decide to buy from a FSBO.

So, yes, is it fair that Realtors be paid for doing their job. Don't you like to be paid when you go to work every day?

The fee is usually a percent of the sale price.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 9, 2008
Bonn answered:
19134-East of Aramingo Ave and South of Clearfield St. is very nice. It gets nicer as you get close to river at east. The best is walk around and see how you will feel about the neighborhood. Depending on what your goals are you can sense of it. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 7, 2008
Nynesneg answered:
It depends. I work in an apartment complex, and here when you leave a security deposit we give you a receipt with a breakdown of costs, etc... Your deposit is fully refundable for only 72 hours. It does say that on the receipt in fine print. Were you given any papers about the place when you left the deposit? ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2007
Test answered:
For example: you bought a house at a tax lien sale. The original owner has up to a yr to repay the delinquent tax bill, and can recover the house (even if you have already invested money into fixing it up). You would get back what you paid for the property, but not what you spent to fix it up. For more info you can email me at ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice