Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 19138 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Sheri Curci answered:
Good Question.... I know a lot of husbands that would like to sell their homes to their wives..... all I know is a dollar deed ...but then your stuck with the balance.

This is either an attorney question or a good line for a W C Fields statement....

All the best, John Curci
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Riteshseth answered:
On the similar lines can we sell it to spouse for realizing the tax loss without losing the property by sale? E,g, If we are joint owner right now and then she become a sole owner as buyer (assuming 20% down and she qualifies for financing). ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Robin Silverberg answered:
Your wife would not qualify for the credit because no family sales qualify. Also, if you are behind on your mortgage, or you are in foreclosure, she cannot take over the loan because that would be considered a foreclosure bail-out. There is no way that you can get around this because I am sure that some document of hers has the address on it, so you would not even want to try to do something as fraudulent as cheating the system like this. If you can't refinance because you don't show enough income, and you need her income to qualify, she can be a co-borrower on the loan with you. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 28, 2010
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Sure! If you want to sell it to her and she wants to buy it, that should be no problem. Hire an attorney or a real estate agent to draw up the paperwork for you.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Maura Mcdonnell answered:
Yes, you can. It is an easy process. There are some additional questions I would have but it is typically a tad easier that a purchase from someone outside ytour family. Call me at 610-291-1460 and I can walk you through the steps.

Maura McDonnell
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2007
Donna Saylor & Carolyn Mitchell The Power of TWO! answered:
In PA the terms of the lease continue when ownership transfers. So if the tenant has 6 months left before their lease is up, a new landlord cannot come in and change those terms without the consent of the tenant. If the tenant is on a month to month arrangement there is a lot more flexibility to do what needs to be done. Will the house show better with or without them? Many investors would prefer to purchase a property with a good tenant already in place but if there is a history of late payments or the home looks like a pack rats den it could be a hard sell.

Talk to your tenant ahead of any action so they have no fear of what is happening. After all, it is your rental property but it's their home.
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice