Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 19136 : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Alan Openshaw, Real Estate Pro in Southampton, PA
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Alan Openshaw answered:
Hello Edtheria,

A 203k loan can be used to finance the purchase of a property and the cost of construction to bring the property into liveable condition or better. A 203k loan can be used to pirchase a foreclosure and is often necessary to get financing as most lenders will not finance a house that has health or safety hazards.
A 203k loan can be used to finance everything except swimnming pools or major structural damage
You can get more information at my website see below and click on the link at the bottom of the page).

A 203k loan carries a slightly higher rate than a regular FHA 203B loan and the closing costs can be approx $1,000 to $2,000 higher for inspection fees, title bring downs and consultant fees as wellas a mandatory supplemental origination fee. These are all worked into the cost of the loan and the required downpayment for the buyer is still the minimum 3.5%.

Please call me if you have any other questions.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice