Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 19015 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Tue Jun 3, 2014
Hilary Weinbrecht answered:

Hilltop has two different sections with separate associations. You may want to contact the condo association for Summit to find out whether they have any restrictions. There is a limit on how many investors can own in each section and that ratio of owner occupied to investment (rented) units could also effect your ability to finance FHA or VA. A local mortgage rep would be able to tell you if that's the case.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Terry Ann Yakas answered:
Hi Irina,
138 E Avon actually was sold and settled in Sept of 2009. It was an REO. This is on the boarder of Chester by considered Parkside. If you are interested in bank owned properties in the Chester or surronding areas please feel free to contact me and I will be more then happy to assist you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Sumner Lymburner answered:
The web sites for the community or the county should have the information as should a local realtor. I will refer one to you if you do not already have one. here in Texas we do not have state or local income tax.

Sumner Lymburner
Broker Associate
San Antonio
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 22, 2010
Mark Barone answered:
Basically to answer you question: Pre-foreclosure Homes are not listed as pre-foreclosured. They are properties that could be for sale with a Real Estate Company called (short sales) see my blog on short sales-
This would educate you on the short sale process.
The Delaware County courthouse website shows foreclosures upcoming at the Courthouse, Either Sheriff sales or Judicial Sales:

In addition to working as a Real Estate Broker in the area; I also work for a company who has contracted with a few dozen banks and servicers throughout the country. The objective is to help homeowners with the Obama's administration HAMP program, (Homeowners Affordable Modification Program). Homeowners are given the opportunity (if financially capable) to modify their mortgage loan. In the event homeowners either can't qualify for the HAMP, they will decide to sell the property prior to the foreclosure date. These lenders throughout the US do not wish to foreclose on homeowners since it will cost thousands in legal fees.

It basically starts like this:
This process of foreclosure begins when a homeowner defaults on their loan. Generally when this occurs, the lender involved will issue the homeowner a notice of default, after 60 days (Act 91 notice) and for all intents and purposes this begins the preforeclosure period.

Then from here on out there are many things may happen—the homeowner could and may raise the money to pay off their default debt to the bank or lender and stay in their home,(Modify) (HAMP) their loan to continue make payments to the lender on a 3 month trial period (until they are approved with the (HAMP), OR the lender issues a Notice of Sale (judicial sale) and arranges to put the property up for sale at a later date, (REO) OR the homeowner finds someone willing to buy their home and avoids a foreclosure sale. OR Sell the property if the homeowner is (upside down). (Short Sale)
This last option is becoming increasingly common, as investors and home buyers alike often look to find great homes for sale at extremely low prices through the short sale process.
You would need an experienced (CDPE) & (SFR) Certified Distressed Property Expert and (SFR) Short Sale Foreclosure Specialist o work on your behalf. E mail: Direct 484-468-1310
Hope this helps and Good Luck!
Mark Barone-, ABR, CDPE, CRS, GRI, SFR
Keller Williams Real Estate, Media, PA
Associate Broker
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2009
Fred Glick answered:
No, it is not listed on the MLS as active.

Can you explain more of what you are looking for so I can give you more details?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice