Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in 18901 : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 1
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Rick answered:
Hello John & Sheri, yes you are correct. You only get what you pay for and now a days insurance companies are raising premiums and deleting more and more coverages from home insurance policy's.

No matter if you are a first time home buyer or have owned your home for thirty years, when you home sustains damage from a sudden and accidental occurrence then you really need to understand how to protect your assets when filing a homeowner insurance claim. There are basically 5 policy types for the home. It is my professional opinion that you try to get the Special Form 3, or HO 3 policy. This is an open peril policy for property damage to the dwelling and named peril for personal property. In addition, you would want to look into (code upgrade) endorsement and a sump pump overflow endorsement if you have a finished basement.

There is a web site called (WWW.PROPERTYCLAIMTIPS.COM) that is a great resource for property owners to get all the information needed when trying to understand the claim process. After all, insurance companies are not just going to give you money and then say if you need more let us know.

AVOID PUBLIC ADJUSTER FEES and negotiate your own home insurance settlement with the help of this company. It is a fantastic web site.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice