Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 18505 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Paul Philpott answered:
As a prior employee of several utilities in Pennsylvania (including UGI), I would suggest calling the utility companies and telling them that you will pay them directly (if needed) to keep the water/gas/electricity on. There are local and state regulations regarding disconnecting utility service, and the utilities should work with you to resolve the issue.

If the utilities are normally part of the rent, you should be able to legally deduct the amount paid for the utilities from the rent paid to your landlord. If you are forced to pay the utility directly, I would obtain advice from the utility as they may have support programs for this sort of thing. Either way, I would contact a local attorney to get advice on the best way to document your direct utility payments and avoid both a utility shutoff and eviction.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice