Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

14901 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Sat Nov 5, 2016
Rsonner asked:
recently Howard Hanna Real estate bought out Realty USA and how do we become member agents ?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent who can provide any necessary information, he/she will be your best guide...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
When buying at auction, the buyer would be responsible for all liens, once the foreclsoure is final and teh bank takes ownership, back taxes, hoa fees and liens are taken care of. When you buy a bank owned home you should get a clean title. hiring a buyer agent who is well experienced with bank owned homes sure will help ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Cease42 answered:
No, they are not required by law.

However, if the property is mortgaged, the lender will want title insurance. Almost all title insurers will ask for a survey to verify that the property and any structures are free from encumbrance or encroachments. The title company will pass the cost of a survey on to the mortgager. Be sure that you are not being charged the price of a new survey if an old one is being "passed" forward. In either case, be sure to get the survey certified in your name and keep a copy of the survey plat for future reference. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Graydon Locey answered:
Kate- I would think that with the correct lender, you would be able to apply, have your mortgage approved and close on the property in about a month. A local bank will almost always be easier to work with rather than a nationwide bank. Feel free to contact me if you would like a few suggestions for local lenders near Elmira.

Graydon Locey
Locey Realty Group
Ph: 607.739.0900
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
No property address is listed best have your Buyers Agent contact the listing agent direct

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 1, 2010
Robin Silverberg answered:
In New York it is not generally referred to as earnest money, but the deposit is required by the contract. What is unusual here is that the amount that is normally put into the contract is 10%. Now with the over abundance of low down payment purchases, some sellers attorney's will negotiate for less. The down payment money, as it states in the contract, is held in escrow by the seller's attorney in a non-interest bearing account. Also, on the higher priced homes there are times when people can also negotiate a lower down payment on contract simply because no one wants to liquidate over $100,000 to put down their 10%, and are also not willing to jeapordize that much money if something happens to the deal. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice