Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Local Info in 14224 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Khalilah Reese answered:
REDUCED $39,999......This Incredible 3bedroom 1 bath Single family house that the value found in this totally restored home located in this re-energized and resurgent Fruit Belt ( The New UB 2020) neighborhood! So much work has gone into this house including: New Roof, siding,furnace with a humidifier,hot water heater,plumbing, kitchen cabinets. This house is a looker it has freshly painted living room,dinning room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom. it is move in ready with $1000 or less of repairs.there is a additional room on the first floor. The laundry is on first floor off the living room. oversize bathroom.Fenced in yard this property is 75 x 100...This house is a investment property that is section 8 ready for move in or it is a cozy first starter home. This property has a fenced in alot that is included into the price, so there is 2 properties for the price of one......
Call (716) 247-3489 Serious reply's ONLY!!!!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 24, 2009
Pat Settar answered:
This is known as a "hand shake" lease. I have known some investor/landlords who have done this. I really do not know why a landlord or tenant would not want to sign a lease. I was told by this landlord that he wanted the flexibility to "unload" the tenant if he was not working out. However, based on the landlord tenant laws I believe that your "lack of written lease" indicates an assumed lease which would mean you have to give 30days written notice to vacate. If you did not have a carbon monoxide detector in place I would assume your lazy landlord did not get a certificate of occupancy either. I would put a letter to vacate in writing and send it certified receipt requested. Please remember to sign a lease and always make a paper trail in the future! Good luck. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 18, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
It depends on if you signed any type of agreement when paying him a deposit. was it a deposit for rent or a deposit towards teh security deposit. it depends what the receipt says. he just can not keep a security deposit, state laws dictate on how a deposit can be kept and how and when it has to be given back and usually with 30 days. If you do not take it, request your deposit back in writing, if in 30 days he doesnt return it you will have to go and file a civil suit against him in your district court. If you havent signed an agreement, then what he wrote on teh recipt will be key. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice