Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

14216 : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Sat Aug 12, 2017
Vanessa Brooks Epps answered:
are you still interested in moving to N. Tonawanda. I might be interested in a share. Let me know yes or no. I am waiting.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 21, 2015
James Deskins answered:
>>each lender will have different standards.

Actually, that's probably not true. FHA guidelines are the same everywhere as are Fannie Mae Homepath guidelines.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Hi Dan,

The rules are different based on the chapter of BK you filed. Chapter 7 requires 2 years from the discharge but a chapter 13 BK does NOT have to be discharged in order for you to be eligible for either VA or FHA in fact you may be eligible 1 year after you filed!

With that said, VA Is going to be the best option for you hands down because it's no money down & the monthly mortgage insurance on FHA is ridiculously high. For example: On a $200,000 loan the FHA MI will add $225 to your monthly payment.

Check out my recommendations here on Trulia from some of my past clients by clicking the following link.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also find info on my VA Mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Jason Jurek answered:
The answer to this question requires a few follow up questions. I would be happy to go over this with you. You can reach me at 716-997-3444 or
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 26, 2012
Lovejohn answered:
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Joanne Hajduk answered:
The quality and craftsmanship of the homes built in the 1920's does not even compare to the cheap homes that are slapped together today. These homes have withstood terrential storms, blizzards, uprisings, the depression, and well as many other things and are still standing. Perhaps you might have to upgrade the pumbling systems, electrical, or heating units, but the rest of the houses are for the most part solid and when you walk on the floors, they do not creak! As with any home, please get a licensed home inspector to let you know exactly what you need to know and take care of once you do purchase the house, and make sure that the basement and foundation is thouroughly inspected. I wish you many years of enjoyment with whatever decision you make. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 14, 2009
Rick Glogowski answered:
There is a rebate phone number to call that handles National Fuel & National Grid rebate programs. There number is (866) 716-8099. Also a web site This web site takes you to a site "Power of Action. type in your zip code. I hope this helps
Rick Glogowski
Lic. Assoc. RE Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 1, 2009
Joe Sorrentino answered:
Don't sweat it. It is probably the old occupant's bill. Chances are they never terminated the service. If you live in the city, it is very common. Call and get it straightened out. This usually has nothing to do with title searches. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice