Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 12211 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Wed Apr 22, 2015
Sheryl Rizzo answered:
In NYC across from Central Park is the iconic building, The St. Urban, which originally had a beautiful slate roof but due to the cost of repairing and continued maintenance was removed and replaced with a beautiful overlapping copper shingled roof.

The great roof and tower of the 1906 Saint Urban apartment house building was originally a slate roof but had been replaced in the 1960's with a 6,000 square feet asphalt roof. The asphalt shingles were not as durable as slate. Due to deterioration the asphalt and copper detailing was damaged by succeeding generations of riggers, so the asphalt and the balcony running along the 10th-floor level was damaged over time and was taken down instead of repaired. The balcony had shielded the lower facade from water and its removal created widespread leaks. Windows later cut into the mansard roof and produced more leaks. Its $750,000 project roof-work program rebuilt the copper dormers and the turret, putting in new gutters and replacing the asphalt, not with slate, but with overlapping copper shingles, so now it is just as durable as, and weighs much less than, the building's original slate roof.

I am not sure of the cost factor for copper shingles, but if your home is as you stated, "worth-it" then perhaps this is a better alternative., where I have the picture I took and the history of the St. Urban, providing the above info.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 16, 2014
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
You are looking for a "legal" way to make a seller, from a deal you cancelled, change the information on his home's listing?

I don't really see what you can do.
You already reached out to the Broker (I assume you contacted the Broker, not just the agent - if not, and you want to pursue this, then call the Broker).
You, however, are out of the deal, and really have no actionable optionsat this point (in my non-legal opinion).

Not sure why there was "miscalculation" - perhaps the sellers are disputing that claim.

My advice?
Move on and find a new home.

Best wishes...and happy holiday!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Jessica Bateman answered:
A broker with large mortgage company contacts. Lending tree sells your info to like 5 companies but I recommend all my clients to check with The Lenders Network. They have gotten a lot of great rates on many types of loan programs for my clients, plus you won't be overwhelmed with lenders calling you 24/7.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice