Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

11738 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Mon Aug 19, 2013
lisazambellimortgages answered:
Your question is a good question but requires me to ask other questions before being able to give a correct answer . For Instance FHA mortgages can only be used for a primary residence so it might be difficult to show a underwriter that you will be moving to TN to occupy this as your primary residence if you still own the home here and do not have a job in TN . It might be viewed as a second home . The next question I have is do you plan on selling your home here in NY first before closing on the home in TN ? Having no history of being a landlord might further complicate things. Keep in mind you will have to qualify for the new home on your retirement income . I guess the bigger picture is if we have learned anything in the last few years in the mortgage industry, we certainly have learned that alot of loan officers will tell you yes upfront only to disappoint later. I am not licensed in TN but could refer you to a true professional to answer your questions you can call Dean Hartman at Quontic Bank 516-528-9008 . Congratulations on your future retirement
All the best
Lisa Zambelli
licensed Loan officer

feel free to call me at 631-871-9857
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Steve Parsons answered:
The real estate agent part is pretty easy. Make a professional full-color flyer of your services along with a price sheet of what you charge and deliver a lot of them to brokerage offices. Ask if they'll deliver them to their agents, and most of them will. Some agents have someone who've they've used many times before, so be competitive with your pricing. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 4, 2012
Jkbmjp asked:
I guess this question is for NY State Agents. RE/MAX has this, I guess, a standard withdrawal form which all agents use when a homeowner has asked the agent to take the house of the market.

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2011
Monique Johnson answered:
No - a car has several HASMAT liquids...engine oil, transmittion oil, power steering oil, gas, anti freeze to name a few that if gets on/in the soil is a DEP issue! PLUS any decent neighbor would faint at the sight! Ugh! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice