Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

11729 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Wed Jan 27, 2016
Bastytp2 answered:
living in this house and thought we buying by the owners, but some change on the line.....there was change of power of an Anthony and the one in change stop paying the mortgage on the house and now is foreclosure.......We agree by the owners to fix the house and bye from them......we've spend close to $50.000.00 AND NOW THE HOUSE IS FORECLOSER.......PLS I TRULLY NEED YOUR HELP, HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE DAY IN AND DAY OUT......HELPLESS ONE BENNETT ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Jan Pickering answered:
Agents 'work' for their client, and therefore need permission to disclose any information or instructions.
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 15, 2015
Craig McCluskey answered:
Go to and pay $500. They will have an agent contact you who will list your home on your local MLS and on Trulia, among other places. You will not owe him any other payment.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 15, 2014
Robert Hanson answered:
Hi Jay,
I see that the links were provided below. If, as you say, your loan is not Freddie or Fannie, I think that Sanjeev laid it out pretty accurately below.

If it is Freddie or Fannie, many lenders are not able to finance even HARP when you ar that far underwater. However, some of us still can.

I'm available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage. Everyone likes to raise their score!

If you like my answer, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”


Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Rebeccatrulia answered:
Hi trik32

Its a big problem.You need to discus with a reliable reverse mortgage .I have a reverse mortgage which name is reverse mortgage lenders direct. You can get any answer from their by search
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Javier Meneses answered:
Like Tony said, 2 years from the discharge date for FHA, and even then it depends on the credit you were able to establish since then and the payment history. Typically lenders are looking to make sure you do not have any type of delinquent credit since the discharge of the bankruptcy.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
Work with a local Realtor, familiar with the Deer Park area of NY and the surroundings not only to assist you in finding the right place for you, arrange showings and accompany you, but also to guide you through the entire process, DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN.....

BUYING OR RENTING PROPERTY REQUIRES TO PAY ATTENTION TO ALL DETAILS INVOLVED in order not to make a mistake or the wrong decision.... you need an experienced Realtor on your side.
If you need recommendations let me know.... and advice: Trust and commit to ONE Realtor only,
so that he or she can also be fully committed to YOU and work in your very BEST interest, their services are free to you, as Buyers Agents usually will be paid by the sellers/side at the closing if and when the property is listed on the multiple listing service by a Realtor/Brokerage.

Good luck to you!
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- or Check out my website at htttp://
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 12, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--or some other fees, some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
George Fitzpatrick answered:
If you are still looking please let us know what you mean by not expensive so I can help.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
George Fitzpatrick answered:
If your offers are coming in in the $340 to $350,000 range you've found the price that the market will pay at this time.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2009
Nunzio Zappola answered:
Katie, You can try they provide a free trial period and it is $ 30.00 a month after that. I have used many different sites and this one seems to have a better base of information.. Suffolk county has a tax sale in the Fall the list of properties comes out aroud Sept. and the auction is in Oct.-Nov.
I know that the listing services for Long Island is indicating the status of properties listed. As an agent I have access to this information and could provide FREE account at if you have any property in question or that you would like access to I would be happy to work with you.
If you have trouble opening an account contact me
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice