Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

11706 : Real Estate Advice

  • All47
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying18
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 34
Sat Jan 28, 2017
Ocelina53 answered:
Hi my name is Isolina I will like to know if I can use my taxes from New York to by a house but continue living in New York maybe for a year or two
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 22, 2017
Louise Wild answered:
Hi, did you ever find out about the house you were interested in on north Gardiner drive?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 6, 2016
Cristina answered:
I listing my mobile home with a agent and next day the Broker fire my agent,
I don't want to do any deal with this Broker, how to get out with out to pay cancelation fee?
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 19, 2016
Dd Smith asked:
Fri Mar 18, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
You're beginning to learn that mortgage loan requirements are different for investment properties than primary residential properties. The reason is lenders know that if any life situation happens that affects the owner's finances, the owner will be quick to dump or walk away from their investment BUT they still have their primary residence. Therefore, lenders have tougher requirements for investment properties.

Bottom line - you will need a minimum of 20% down payment + closing costs + good credit scores to qualify for an investment property loan. Some investors who don't have the full 20% in cash decide to buy in low income neighborhoods where homes are much cheaper. This way they have the 20% cash available because the property is priced much cheaper. You may decide to do this. Otherwise if you buy in a more expensive neighborhood, you will need to come up with the 20% down payment.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 22, 2015
Trevolyn Haines answered:
Do not take it off the market unless you have an accepted contract but why would you accept an offer from some one that may or may not be able to purchase the home?

Kathy is right: why would you even let this person in your home until they were qualified to buy?

I know that the main motivation for a seller to do a FSBO is to save some money BUT NOT using a professional can cost you and the majority of the time an agent's services can pay for themselves not just in a higher sales price but also in their ability to help make the transaction smoother.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 21, 2015
Karen and Paul Catania answered:
I would always answer yes. If legally they don't have to disclose then in my opinion it wasn't a good reason and you are most likely hiding something bad. Be honest and people will deal with it. In California it has to be disclosed anyways. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2015
jackieelias71 asked:
We are a family of 4 looking for at least a 2 bedroom apt in bayshore area. Must be in bayshore school district. Ideally would love something with washer/dryer hookups and a dishwasher…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Nicholas Campasano answered:
There are several options on Long Island in this price range. Some co-ops, condos even homes can fall within this range. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Nicholas Campasano
Century 21 AA
Cell: 631-848-6515
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Nicholas Campasano answered:
It is common practice for the appraisal to be paid for around the time of the appraisal. You will see it marked as POC (paid outside closing) on your attorneys worksheet. If the seller is paying the closing costs make sure you bring this to your attorneys attention so you get the proper credits.

Nicholas Campasano
Century 21 AA
Cell: 631-848-6515
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 6, 2015
Edward Maddox answered:
If you are looking in San Tan Valley, Queen Creek or Maricopa AZ our web sites have a section just for REOs that are available.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 28, 2014 answered:
i would like to get a list of your low income apts that will take section 8 voucher , i would love to move over by wenatchee or colviille wash can you please help me with this or send me a email on this then i can give you the address whare i am at now but for now here is my email i hope to here back from you soon, with some good news ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Toni Curtis asked:
me and my fiance have been in a shelter with our two kids ( 4 year old & newborn ) for about a year now really need help we can pay a brokers fee
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Catherine Nemecek answered:
Suffolk County has a down payment assistance program if you need assistance with down payment or closing cost. This is a great program to look into. You must apply for this program and it is a first come first serve basis you can go here for more information:

And if I can be of any other assistance call me (Catherine) at: (631) 741-1700
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 3, 2013
thechieffl answered:
My house is for sale and is in Jacksonville, which one should conider for one reason, HURRICANES! If you decide to move anywhere in Florida Jacksonville should be on your list for this reason. I to work from home and am looking to sell my house for $200K. It has many ammenities and would be happy to discuss should you have an interest.

(904) 707-4808
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice