Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 11702 : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Fri Apr 18, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
If your property is/was listed with a broker, ask him/her, or directly contact customer service Be aware that the property may appear on other sites as well, therefore you may wish to Google your address.... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Javier Meneses answered:
Lis Pendens means that the owner of the mortgage has filed a foreclosure action on that property. In other words the current owner has not paid the mortgage long enough to force the lender to Lis Pendens.

As mentioned below, just because it's in Lis Pendens does not at all mean that the house is for sale. It doesn't mean that the house is a short sale, or a regular sale, it really doesn't mean anything other than the fact that a Lis Pendens was filed.

In order for you to find a Realtor whose experience suits a particular purchase, you first need to find out what type of purchase you're dealing with. You would have to find out if that house is for sale to begin with.

I have a couple agents I can recommend who are heavily experienced with short sale, foreclosure sales. They have tons of experience with many types of scenarios that involve homes with Lis Pendens, including homes that the bank servicer a assign to them to put on the market to sell. Feel free to call or email me anytime and if be more than happy to give you their contact info.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
... more
2 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Diane Davies answered:
Working with a Realtor would be best because the realtor could take all your real estate needs into consideration and email you Everthing - on the market plus those having a open house. Just driving around can waste a lot of you time. ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 6, 2009
Phil Svendsen answered:
Contact the broker who has the exclusive on the property and call the broker directly. Arrange an apointment to review it and see if you can get your hands onsome sort of work-up on the property. If you are already working with an agent have your agent contact the broker....etc. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice