Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 11385 : Real Estate Advice

  • All43
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Mon Mar 21, 2016
EM asked:
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you are not working with an agent consider the idea, or consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate; generally the offer should state the purchase price, downpayment amount, any inspection, approximate contract sign date and closing date, etc. ... more
2 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 27, 2013
dm.tedford answered:
I am a seller who's buyer is going through SONYMA. Everyone involved is at their wits end as we were supposed to close on 8/9 & it is now 8/27 & we are still waiting for their approval. I wouldn't have accepted the offer if I knew more about SONYMA....Be wary has it takes a lot longer to process than they claim.
Good Luck.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 10, 2013
James Scacalossi answered:
Email me at
My name is James and I am an agent with Charles Rutenberg Realty
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 29, 2013
Abu Musa answered:
You may find a real estate agent who can cotact with listing agent
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Adam Krzesniak answered:

Please note that is very rare to find a 1br house in 11385 area,

If you need more information please dont hesitate to conatct me!

I'm a Real Estate proffessional that covers Ridgewood area.

Thank You
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Annette Levinson answered:
You would need to live in the house for 10 years to meet SONYMA standards before renting out the house.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 22, 2010
Fajardo Delacruz answered:
A Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program is an alternative
way for SONYMA to assist first-time homebuyers. Federal law
prohibits SONYMA from combining MCCs with its own mortgages.
However, MCCs can be used with other fixed-rate mortgages as ext. FHA loans.

If your daughter buys a home she would have to sell it and would
need to wait about 3 years to qualify again for a frist time homeowner loan.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 5, 2009
Diallo J. Stevens, CRS answered:
Hi Jph,

In our area (I see you're in Queens and this applies to downstate New York where we generally use attorneys to close transactions), you only need the real estate attorney once you have an accepted offer, because contracts will be prepared by the seller's attorney and sent to your attorney. That said, I highly recommend you know who you will be using by the time you make your offer. That way the seller and his/her agent will know that if they accept your offer there's nothing stopping them from getting the contracts over to your attorney.

I'd also suggest that you speak with your REALTOR and maybe friends that have recently purchased about attorneys they might recommend. As an agent, I can tell you that sometimes the wrong attorney can very easily jeapordize or kill a deal unintentionally. If they are too slow to respond, take a long time to get the deal in contract, or are difficult for the REALTORS to interface with you may lose the deal - even if it's a great deal for both you and the seller(s). If your agent is really good, consider using an attorney he/she recommends. If you're not too comfortable with the agent, consider finding an attorney on your own, so if there's a problem down the line you know that there's no correlation.

Hope that helps! Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance - I'm happy to help.

Diallo J. Stevens, REALTOR®, CRS, GRI, SRES, RECS, e-PRO

YouTube Channel:

Toll Free & Fax: 877.892.6347
NY Office: 718.446.1300 ext. 309
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice