Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in 11235 : Real Estate Advice

  • All98
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying58
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Mon Feb 13, 2017
Patrichor LLC answered:
It says, "The average listing price for Manhattan Beach is $1,389,848"
being that it is foreclosure, in NYC, you shall still expect to have to pay a large amount in cash without being able to view the property first.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2017
Patrichor LLC answered:
(referring to houses only because I do not know much about Condo)
property tax is public information. you should be able to look up the information online easily.
The tax amount is calculated by the value usually determined by the government according to past sales, etc. The fact that it is a condo, it probably means that it is new and therefore sold at a much higher price.

Have you looked at your bill? It lists out everything quite clearly... If you believe you are paying too much, I believe you can file an appeal...

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 9, 2014
John Howell asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 9, 2014
John Howell asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun May 11, 2014
feet6 asked:
This question was asked from this property:…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear Robin:

When you sell a property in Brooklyn, you as the seller will have to pay the following 1) New York City Transfer Tax (1% of sales price if price is $500,000 or less. If sales price is more than $500,000 you have to pay 1.425% of the sales price), 2) New York State Transfer Tax (0.4% which is basically $4.00 per thousand of sales price), 3) in most cases a Property Condition Disclosure Law Fee of $500.00, 4) several recording fees which would usually be about $250.00 per property and 5) Your attorney's fee. The vast majority of the time sellers will also pay their real estate agent a commission (unless they sell without the aid of an agent, but doing so is extremely difficult).

In addition to all of that you have to speak to an accountant to see if you would have any capital gains tax burden. Capital gains tax is a tax that you pay on the profit on the sale of real estate. I cannot get into that here because depending on the circumstances it can vary greatly or you may not have to pay anything If you want you can contact me direct and I can give you an estimate based on your full situation as to whether or not you will have to pay capital gains.

Aside from that, if I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Kathryn Lilly answered:
Typicaly you recieved a copy of the title report with your closing papers when you bought the property.
To get an update call the title company that originaly did your title insurance and request an updated search. It is absolutly better to have the proffessionals do this for you, than trying to deal with every recording agency in such matters.
Kathryn Lilly
Realty on the Greene, LLC
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Rhon25 answered:
Hey! I have experienced ordering a deed of my house online at and it was totally hassle free. They've done ALL the work for me. I received my deed within the promised time which is 10 - 20 business days. You may want to visit their website ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 31, 2010
Madeline Padovano answered:
Hi E Peck
Unfortunately not really. You give some people a little power and it goes to their heads. I am currently in contract on a deal and it took one month, all they have to do is keep an old one handy and just updated it
we had to get the attorney to write a letter. and then the buyer gets stuck paying an extension fee which they
could possible charge back to you. just keep calling them and the board president for help., good luck
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice