Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 11235 : Real Estate Advice

  • All98
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying58
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 15
Mon Apr 10, 2017
Mary C answered:

I am Mary from Trulia Consumer Care. I apologize if you experienced any inconvenience or frustration with editing your for sale by owner listing and I am happy to help take care of your concern.

As a general reference, Trulia does not have a central platform to post/edit listings. Instead, listings are sent to us through a variety of feed sources such as partners, brokers, agents, third-party feed providers, or directly from an MLS.

Your listing, specifically, is being sent to us from Zillow, which is our partner site that sends us listings.

Any changes you are requesting to your listing on Trulia will need to be updated at the source, Zillow. Here is a helpful link on how to edit your Zillow listing:

Your changes will automatically update to Trulia within 24 hours. I have also sent you an email regarding this concern.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 27, 2016
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2016
Zachary Gangemi answered:
Hi Dmitriy here is the list.
Zach Gangemi
201 400 0703
Rapid Realty Bk
Appraisal (up to $450) - This is paid to the appraisal company to confirm the fair market value of the home.
Credit Report (up to $30) - A Tri-merge credit report is pulled to get your credit history and score. You cannot supply your consumer pulled report and the scores pulled form the internet from any place other than are not real scores nor are they accurate.
Closing Fee or Escrow Fee (generally calculated a $2.00 per thousand of purchase price plus $250) - This is paid to the title company, escrow company or attorney for conducting the closing. The title company or escrow oversees the closing as an independent party in your home purchase. Some states require a real estate attorney be present at every closing
Title Company Title Search or Exam Fee (varies greatly) - This fee is paid to the title company for doing a thorough search of the property's records. The title company researches the deed to your new home, ensuring that no one else has a claim to the property.
Survey Fee (up to $400) - This fee goes to a survey company to verify all property lines and things like shared fences on the property. This is not required in all states.
Flood Determination or Life of Loan Coverage (up to $20) - This is paid to a third party to determine if the property is located in a flood zone. If the property is found to be located within a flood zone, you will need to buy flood insurance. The insurance, of course, is paid separately.
Courier Fee (up to $30) - This covers the cost of transporting documents to complete the loan transaction as quickly as possible.
Lender's Policy Title Insurance (Calulated from the purchase price off a rate table. Varies by company) - This is insurance to assure the lender that you own the home and the lender's mortgage is a valid lien. Similar to the title search, but sometimes a separate line item.
Owner's Policy Title Insurance (Calulated from the purchase price off a rate table. Varies by company) - This is an insurance policy protecting you in the event someone challenges your ownership of the home.
Natural Hazards Disclosure Report - Required by law in the state of California for the seller to give the buyer. Reports run between $90 to $150. May be required by other states
Homeowners' Insurance ($300 and up) - This covers possible damages to your home. Your first year's insurance is often paid at closing.
Buyer's Attorney Fee (not required in all states - $400 and up)
Lender's Attorney Fee (not required in all states - $150 and up)
Escrow Deposit for Property Taxes & Mortgage Insurance (varies widely) - Often you are asked to put down two months of property tax and mortgage insurance payments at closing.
Transfer Taxes (varies widely by state & municipality) - This is the tax paid when the title passes from seller to buyer.
Recording Fees (varies widely depending on municipality) - A fee charged by your local recording office, usually city or county, for the recording of public land records.
Processing Fee (up to $1,000) - This goes to your lender. It reimburses the cost to process the information on your loan application.
Underwriting Fee (up to $795) - This also goes to your lender, covering the cost of researching whether or not to approve you for the loan.
Loan Discount Points (often zero to two percent of loan amount) - "Points" are prepaid interest. One point is one percent of your loan amount. This is a lump sum payment that lowers your monthly payment for the life of your loan.
Pre-Paid Interest (varies depending on loan amount, interest rate and time of month you close on your loan) - This is money you pay at closing in order to get the interest paid up through the first of the month.
Property Tax (usually 6 months of county property tax)
Wood Destroying Pest Inspection and Allocation of Costs - If required by the lender or buyer, the inspection generally runs up to $125.00. Repairs can get expensive if evidence of termites, dry rot or other wood damage is found. example: Fumigation of a typical 1500 square foot house could run around $2,000.
Home Owners Association Transfer Fees - The Seller will pay for this transfer which will show that the dues are paid current, what the dues are, a copy of the association financial statements, minutes and notices. The buyer should review these documents to determine if the Association has enough reserves in place to avert future special assessments, check to see if there are special assessments, legal action, or any other items that might be of concern. Also included will be Association by-laws, rules and regulations and CC & Rs. The fee for the transfer varies per association ,but generally around $200-$300.
Last, but not least, you probably will get your own home inspection that usually costs around $225 - $450 to verify the condition of a property and to check for home repairs that may be needed before closing.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 23, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
Typically yes. Check the language in your contract, there is usually a section that speaks to this. Your attorney should know as well.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 21, 2015
Carol Perdew answered:
Contact a real estate agent to provide you a market analysis for each of your properties. An agent can share with your a marketing plan to get your properties sold for the highest market value. Now is a good time to sell with good sales prices and affordable mortgage rates. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear mfoolad7:

I assume you had an attorney prepare the legal contract of sale for you when you sold the house and represent you at the closing table. This is a legal matter and you should refer it to your attorney. You should tell the buyer that it has nothing to do with you and to direct any further questions to your attorney. Also, call your attorney and tell him or her what is happening right away. That is your best bet for the time being.

I am not an attorney and cannot give out legal advice, but in my experience as a real estate broker I would be inclined to think that unless there was something written into the contract of sale regarding this issue, the buyer does not have a valid claim against you. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Kevin answered:
Title Insurance is added protection for the BUYER. This protects the Buyer in the event that the property has a lien on it that comes up after they purchase the property. I don't see why a SELLER would need Title Insurance. Get it?

I invest and sell homes in Brooklyn and Queens and work with Realtors and Attorneys familiar with creative ways of selling a home so that Home Owners get their asking price even if they are asking for more than the market value.

Send me a message if you need some real guidance (I'm not a Realtor so my guidance is not biased to any licensed profession)
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Kevin answered:
You can post it yourself using a flat fee service...but if you are attempting to get away from paying that 6%, flat fee listing services still go through a local Broker in your area, so if a Buyer is found you have the ability to negotiate that 6% down and you are not placed in an exclusive contract so you can cancel anytime as well.

You need to remember that in order for it to sell in this market you need to price it around the current market value of co-ops sold in your area. For this you would use a Realtor that will do a CMA (Comparable Market Analysis) on your property for a one time fee. Most Realtors won't do a CMA unless you are listing with them but many will do it for a small price. By going through a flat fee service, a local Broker will contact you and you can discuss pricing it future (free CMA?)

Price it right, post great pictures, ADD VIDEO of outside and inside of co-op, describe the neighborhood and talk about its great features (shopping, public transportation, parks, schools, etc) and you should have a few offers in no time. Again, make sure you price it right or it will sit there for months on end.

By doing most of the work such as pictures, video, descriptions for the listing page via the flat fee listing service, you can negotiate the Broker's fee down to a minimum when the time comes.

I'm not an agent. I work with home owners looking to sell in Brooklyn and Queens, I like multi-family homes but co-ops are good sellers depending on the location and asking price.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Regina answered:
The maintenance in our CO-OP is $870 for a 3-bedroom HOWEVER, this is quite attractive because it also includes all utilities meaning you never have to worry about the gas, electric, water or heating bills since it is all included. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Jeannette Batsikas answered:
of course you can but if you're intention is to only sell your home why get a real estate license??? You can also sell your house on your own if you wanted to. Try it out and if you succeed then kudos to you if not it was worth trying maybe think about a realtor helping you. Wish you the Best. Jeannette Batsikas ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Gary Goldin answered:
Hello Laura.
My office, Big Apple Homes Realty, licated on Avenue X and East 24th Street. Should you desire to sell your house, we will gladly assit you. SPASIBO!
Best Regards,
Gary Goldin
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Charles D'Alessandro Sr answered:
Another happy customer here at Trulia! Trulia where the best of the best real estate minds are here to help with any and all your real estate needs !
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Andrea Mills answered:
I see you have received a lot of great information already. My main concern would be how long ago the other unimproved home has sold for and how much your market has appreciated/depreciated since then.
I can't give you specific numbers, I can't even ballpark it because I haven't seen your home and/or the home that has sold, nor do I know any specifics about your market. Improvments do have different values in different areas. Example: a pool in Florida might add x amount to the value of a home, whereas it might actually lower the value if the poolhome was located in Alaska.
As already suggested, an appraisal might be a good way to go or you might also want to contact a Realtor to give you an overview of your local market specific to your neighborhood and style of home.
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Manu Kapoor answered:
I would talk to my attorney to extend clossing date, as when the clossing dates are fixed they are the 1's getting the first call.
So call your attorney to extend the date or other date suited by other side attorney & the buyer, as they will hv to talk to the lender/bank also. Very IMP. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice