Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 11209 : Real Estate Advice

  • All93
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying46
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 42
Fri Aug 11, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
All agents in NYC have access to the same listings. Any real estate agent can assist you with buying a home. The most important issue will be your budget. If you are getting a mortgage loan, make sure you are pre approved first BEFORE contacting real estate agents. You will not see anything without a pre approval from a lender. If you are paying 100% cash, you need to show proof.

As for selecting an agent, it depends on your budget (what you are pre approved for). Example: if you are pre approved for $300K and under, your choices are slim to none as there is very little in this price range. $300. - $500K will get you new licensed agents to those who have 1 - 3 years experience. $500 - 700K will get you medium experience agents. Above $700K will get you the top experienced agents.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 27, 2017
Sonny Katz answered:
Hey Peter,

Purchasing a Co-op can be quite frustrating. From the due diligence to the Board Review. As for the pricing it all depends on what the Comparative Market Analysis says. A licensed real estate agent should run some numbers and see what the market is like in that area.

Bay Ridge itself is a hot neighborhood. It always was and always will be. I am born and raised in Brooklyn so I'm very familiar with the area.

You also might want to keep in mind that not everyone prices properties correctly. Thats why I always suggest any buyer to get an agent to represent them. Please feel free to contact me if you are still looking. I'd love to help.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 6, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
That's because Trulia is just a marketing website. It is not a real estate company. Trulia, Zillow, etc. are there just to make MONEY off US REALTORS. We pay tons of money to belong to the local MLS and various real estate associations, and then the Trulia makes us pay them to get leads for our own listings. Also, most of the buyers on here aren't pre-approved or aren't serious buyers. (Give fake names, numbers, email addresses, etc.) So yeah. Not many agents here will respond.

If you are serious about buying then take the job seriously. Hire a Realtor as your Buyer's Agent. It doesn't cost you anything as a buyer, and he/she can show you any house you're interested in. Best deal around. Good luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Danny Soldano answered:
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Danny Soldano answered:
Hire your own attorney who represents you! On occasion and if allowed your attorney can also represent the bank as well. Make sure that if that is the case he has done so before.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Danny Soldano answered:

Just to add on to the other answers, a coop will have more restrictions in terms of what you can do (renovation, subleasing etc...) A condo will give you more freedom to do as you please. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 26, 2014
Juan J. Martes answered:
A listing agent not responding quickly is usually not a good sign. I work with buyers and having a buyers agent can really help you. Unless you are constantly involved with the real estate market, a realtor is your best asset. Send me an email and I will forward you some very useful info. ... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 16, 2013
Madeline Padovano answered:
Hi Joematias1
please email me with your budget, and what size apartments you need
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear Nataliya:

If you still need help give me a call.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Joseph Runfola answered:
No. You should hire your own real estate attorney. Your attorney will review the cooperative's financial statements and the board meeting minutes. This review uncovers the co-op's prior operating history. The minutes will also provide some indication of the cooperative's future plans concerning items such as major capital improvements, maintenance increases, and current or future assessments. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 8, 2013
Fajardo Delacruz answered:
Commercial property depends largely on how you plan to use and location.
If you are looking for long-term cash flow, then you might be willing

Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Good morning Mahnoorpk26,

Unfortunately, based on the information you have provided in your query, you would not be qualified for mortgage financing at this time.

First, you must have a credit history established and scored for a minimum of 2 years; preferably longer.

Second, as you have only begun employment history in the United States for less than 2 years, your Income would not be acceptable under Underwriting standards which require a 2 year employment history.

Best to sit tight, build a credit history and complete a minimum of 2 years employment so that you can qualify for mortgage financing.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Michael Wong answered:
Thank you all for taking the time out to reply.
I actually did end up using a buyer's agent who responded to this post.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Michael Denniston answered:
HI Rebecca, great question. It really depends on the specifics of the transaction.Is it a purchase or refinance? Does the owner reside on property or operate a business onsite? . Is the commercial space used for offices or retail? And the list goes on and on. Many of my investor clients have benefited from my experience relationships with local and out-of-state lenders who are great in their respective mixed use niches.

Another option may be the FHA 203k mortgage to purchase or refinance a mixed use property, but only if the borrower will live onsite and the commercial space doesn't exceed 49% of the total floor space for a two story building. The 203k loan is the best way to get a 30 yr mortgage with a low fixed rate on a mixed use property! I am available for more information or assistance, if needed. Please contact me directly at 917.699.0183 or via email.

I value your feedback, please hit the thumbs up if my reply was helpful. All the best.

Michael Denniston l Cell: (917) 699-0183
Residential Home Funding, Corp.
Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator l Sales Manager
6901 Jericho Turnpike Ste. 219 | Syosset, NY 11791
Main: (516) 605-1733 | Fax: (888) 881-2557
NMLS # 24076 | Company NMLS # 34973
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Rhonda Holt answered:
Hello I'm an Associate Broker specializing in selling co-ops for over 7 years in Brooklyn and there are more co-ops in Brooklyn, than condos. Co-ops are an investment like any other property and is great for young people, seniors and couples starting it's affordable (depending on the area ).

If you want any information about ow co-ops work, co-op buying process and co-op qualifications let me know and I can answer all your questions. Call me at 646-725-5941.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Jeannette Batsikas answered:
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear kparinis:

Are you renting or buying? If you are renting or buying a co-op you can get basic renters insurance for about $360.00 per year (or more if you take out additional riders above and beyond the norm). If you are buying property a condo, you will be looking at $800.00 per year up to $1,000.00 for a basic policy on a one or two bedroom.

Contact some insurance agencies and get free estimates. If you need further assistance, contact me and I would be more than happy to help you out. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that property taxes do vary, as does any maintenance work; if asking about any specific properties, consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice