Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in 11207 : Real Estate Advice

  • All34
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Bkshowroom answered:
at what dollor amount do you become destabilized
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 23, 2010
George Frazier 3rd answered:
In reading your question and talking it over with someone at HRA, which assist people looking for apartments, we both agree that there is not enough information about your problem.
Yes, you do not have an apartment but do you have a place to stay for now. If so, where? Do you need cash assistance or did you put away money to carry you for a while?
The best advice I can give without much more information is for you to call 311, explain that you need help and the nature of the help. They can point you to various agencies that can assist you. Some of these can start the process for you over the phone. Some information and applications etc are also online.
There are also things that you can do on your own. You can apply for cash assistance or food stamps. I help a friend a while back whose family had put him out. I explained to him how to apply for food stamps and cash assistance. He did both and is now back on his feet. It took a while but he made the moves and kept a positive attitude.
Since financial times have changed since then it maybe difficult to get the assistance that you need but the atmosphere is friendlier at these agencies, for the most part.
So make the call and give it a try.
I wish I could offer you more but that is all I can say based on the limited information.
Good luck
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice