Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

10530 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Sat Nov 5, 2016
Josh Perlman asked:

Looking for up to $850k construction loan with 90-95% LTV.

Good income but most money in retirement accounts to this point.

Ok with a two close situation.

Do we have options?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 14, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
Coops are going to want to see income. Money in the bank doesn't mean much because it can be spent over night. They want to see consistency and that you will have no problem paying your maintenance. Part of the board application will be furnishing the past two years income tax returns to show that consistency. Your best bet is to contact the management companies for any coops you have interest in, this way you get the info straight from the people that process the applications.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 14, 2014
Deborah L. Altieri answered:
Are you looking to rent or to purchase? Often if a building allows pets and in particular dogs, it does not follow that an owner who is renting their unit out will be willing to take on pets. Most co-ops do not allow dogs or if they do have weight restrictions. Most condominiums do allow pets.

To save you time though, you are best to find an agent in the area who can search their Multiple Listing System with pet criteria and who can send you only those listings that will allow a dog. There is also a code "call listing agent" under pet criteria. In this case and agent can call the owner for you and let them know about your pet to see if they would be willing to meet with you and your pet and approve the pet.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 29, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Annette Levinson answered:
A change in stock requires the Board to approve. Speak to your building's management firm. If you have a mortgage for your stock, you will need to refinance it if your ex is on it. The mortgage lender holds your stock certificate and would not allow a change if you are both on the mortgage. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Closing costs generally include broker fees, which are negotiable; attorney fees; any current mortgage pay-offs; NYS transfer tax; any miscellaneous fees, etc. Your attorney can provide a more accurate picture of costs as they relate to you, therefore consider a consultation.... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Steven S. Geiger answered:

I have one listed there now and it is in contract. Let me know if I can assist.

Steve Geiger
Licensed Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
914-263-5275 ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 20, 2010
nicole aviles answered:

I can definately say yes there are several co-ops on E. Hartsdale , I am actually listing a new one at 80 on Monday and several will take 10% down. My office is the listing office for many of the co-ops on E. Hartsdale because we have been in business 35 yrs and our office is on E. Hartsdale. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and perhaps show you some units available , so please feel free to contact me .

Nicole Aviles
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 22, 2008
Kevin O'Shea answered:
It would be standard for a corporate board member to be a shareholder.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea
Homes of Westchester
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 9, 2008
John Vrooman answered:

Just about everyone is still getting up to speed regarding the new tax credit.

I came across the following web page and I'm guessing it will have some answers to some questions....

Sorry for not addressing your question directly, but I'm guessing that the link I've pointed to will be useful to just about all who come across it (Consumers, Realtors, mortgage officers, etc.)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice