Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 10040 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Mitchell Hall answered:
While the building has an insurance policy many coops and condos require the individual shareholder and unit owner to have their own home owner's insurance policy. Some coops and condos not only require the homeowner to have insurance but if the apartment is sub-let they may also require the tenant to have renters insurance. ... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 4, 2011
Jenet Levy answered:
In a co-op, your maintenance covers three things: your share of the real estate taxes, your share of the underlying mortgage, and your share of the upkeep of the building. You will only see one number quoted in listings. In a condo, your real estate taxes and your common charges (upkeep of the building) are always separated out. In listings you will see this a RET and CC.

Hope this helps.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Proerty, LLC
212 381-4268 for all NYC listings
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2009
carol friedman answered:
rea estate attorney
Jerry Kantor
954 966 1820
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice