Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

10017 : Real Estate Advice

  • All50
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying26
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 39
Wed Feb 1, 2017
Jack Ramone answered:
Hey there, if you're in NYC you're going to need to fill out a REBNY Financial Statement ( which is basically an excel file that shows your assets, liabilities and net worth.

It's absolutely necessary for co-ops and expected for condo's. There's an excel version you can download in the link below. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
Chances are they will not see your post in Q and A. If you go to the top of page click on For professionals and PRO
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Maricris A answered:

If you want to know more information about the foreclosure property, you may check the county record where the property is part of or you may also contact a foreclosure specialist near your area for assistance.

You can take advantage of our vast network of agents here on Trulia. You may found the link below.

To search for a foreclosure specialist using our site:

1. Go to the link that I provided, enter the location where you're at and click enter.
2. Click the 'More filters' button and choose 'Foreclosure' under specialties.
3. Click the 'Search' button.

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Tonyhoward255 answered:
You could try airbnb for something like this, they offer better rates for medium term stays (1-3 months)!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 20, 2016
Morgan Walsh answered:
Sometimes when the property address was listed previously by another agent, that listing agent stays until the agent updates the status of the property.

You can scroll to the bottom of the listing page and see who the listing agents information is under:
'Listing Provided by'
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
If you're a licensed realtor, maybe you should learn how to post listings on Zillow, Trulia and other websites BEFORE taking a listing.

Start registering for a refresher course because you need it. No wonder realtors are not worth paying commissions. Owners can easily do a better job. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 29, 2016
Joyce L answered:
The NY Times I find especially expensive and not that effective (never seem to get many responses), also I know a lot of brokers don't bother to post on there because they charge something like $1000+ a month to brokers to have a feed...

StreetEasy for sure is very effective, zillow and trulia not as much, especially not for NYC. The other big source of buyers will be RLS - it's basically the NYC MLS and you'll need a firm like hauseit or another fsbo broker to get you exposure there. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 18, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
You need to understand that when realtors post listings for sale, they make decisions with their seller how to market the home. Realtors pay for the photos and other marketing. It's an additional expense for floor plans and realtors don't want to pay for it. The exception is if the home is very high end, then floor plans are worth the extra money. Remember realtors want to see a profit with the commission so they have to factor all the expenses involved. Why pay for floor plans if it will reduce their commission? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 3, 2015
Mathews Abraham answered:
Sun Mar 15, 2015
Lawrence Citarelli answered:
happyy to help just ask, as there are ample quality agents in NYC who would be delighted...discard the ones who are impatient.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 14, 2015
dploves2sellhomes answered:
I would contact the Broker of the office to make he/she aware of the situation. I would also contact the Department of State to file a complaint.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 3, 2015
Natallia Nosovicki answered:
Hello Pauline,
Keep the opportunity cost and a 2 year uncertainty in mind when taking a decision. Nobody knows for sure how the market will behave in a year/two from now. You have a chance of getting a higher price for the unit in 2017 than today. By signing the contract you give up an opportunity to sell the apartment at a higher price and bear the risk of the purchaser to not being able to close. You have more flexibility and room for action WITHOUT getting into contract.
Unless your tenant is offering you an amount that is over 15-20% of the market value of the unit I would think twice if you really need to proceed.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 14, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Scott

Thanks for the question.

On Trulia you can post if you are an agent. This way one gets better qualified listings.
Its also an issue of liability, as you can have criminals list, and have people show up, and

Good luck
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 16, 2014
Terry Korahais answered:
Hey Superboy, Try Royal Bank of Canada, I've had good experiences with them with Canadian buyers. Bone chance. Terry 718-614-3167 cell or
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 17, 2014
Dragan Stefanovic answered:
Well, I do not know your financial situation but from your post you may be experiencing difficulties. The market is on an up-swing, so that is a positive. It can't hurt to feel out the market to see your condo's worth and to see what your purchasing power.
Are you able to rent the condo out? That may be an option only if the rent covers your mortgage.
Look into Brooklyn or Queens as they both have huge cultural diversity and have lower prices in terms of real estate and everyday life.
I hope my answer helps.
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 7, 2014
Edward Hunt answered:
HI Anne-
Where are you looking to rent? If NYC, I would be happy to help you. 347-218-2749 or I hope to hear from you. Ed Hunt
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Nardeen Billan answered:
Denise, it is not customary but people are becoming more aware that hiring a professional inspector is the way to go! Not all surprises are good and it is an amazing feeling to find something wrong PRIOR to closing so it can get squared away. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Payment Plan Broker answered:
Hello Jenn,

HPD code enforcement officers comes out when a 311 complaint is filed (usually by the tenant).

If and when a filed complaint is substantiated, a Code Violation is issued against the property and the owner.

Depending on the severity of the complaint each violation is given a Grade Level which requires the owner to affect repairs in said time frame.

Hope this answers your question. Perhaps if you disclose the reason for the question, we may be able to address your concern direct.

Email us direct: Payment
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
omatos215965 answered:
visit, I struggled for a couple years trying to get a mod on my house after I lost my job and went through a period were my income was bad. I got their info through a mutual friend, contacted them and after a initial consultation with the people there was told what to do. They send a package to bank of america in my behalf and after 5 months they were able to get me a 2% interest mod with a reduction in principal of nearly 100k. I saw other clients there get even more than that, I am happy with the result and also recommended them to another friend that is still trying to get his mortgage modified. Hope this helps you!! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2012
Joseph Hastings answered:
Coop bylaws or "House rules" are found in your offering plan. You may want to read them to obtain your answer. Your question seems to imply not a visitor but someone who will be living there for quite some time to come. You can always ask the board president. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice