Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08869 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Fri Apr 11, 2014
Andrew Chang answered:
This is not uncommon. A friend of mine was interested in a nice house with 36 acres farm land. Agent provided a 8x11 copy of the survey map, but would not provide the full survey map. My friend made an offer, but the agent still refused to deliver a copy of the survey. This is a 36 acres of land, with all the easements etc. And the survey does not even cost much. So he was not very happy and the house still in the market. He still does not understand why.

Anyway, ask your own realtor to see if he/she can contact the survey company and get a copy.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Helene Jeanette answered:
A marketing consultant? Which means you want someone to advise you on how to do a For Sale By Owner and get equal results to a realtor? I've conducted workshops for those wishing to go the FSBO route and what most find out is that you do not have access to the same depth of marketing that an agent can do. A lot depends upon the absorption rate, trends, condition, pricing, location AND marketing. There is no one magic factor. I'd be happy to explore working with you if you are looking to maximize your net results. Keller Williams Realty is a leading company in this area.
Keller Williams Metropolitan
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Lyle Wolf answered:
If you really like the house, make your offer which would be contingent on the home inspection. Thin vertical cracks are usually from normal settlement and typically do not pose a structural problem, but an experienced home inspector can advise you after seeng it. If there is any question, further evaluation can be made by a structural engineer and you can decide from there. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 28, 2012
Lyle Wolf answered:
Welcome to New Jersey. Unfortunately, until attorney review is over there is no binding contract and the seller can entertain and enter into other offers. If it is any consolation as a buyer in attorney review you also could cancel the deal and buy another house until attorney review is over. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Denise Canell answered:
Hi Ann!

I am a local realtor with RE/MAX Hills and Valley on Route 202. If you would like a no obligation CMA on your home, showing the value as both a two bedroom and 3 bedroom home, please feel free to contact me at: or 908-268-2124. I have been in the real estate industry since 1985 in Somerset County. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice