Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08844 : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 20
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Thank you for contacting us. To post a for sale by owner property on Trulia, you will be redirected to Zillow. Once you are done posting your property on Zillow, the listing will appear on Trulia after 24 hours. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 19, 2016
Liz Teifer answered:
Maybe you could hang you license with a brokerage for referrals only. Then you can have an agent/Realtor from that brokerage set you up on a search gateway for specific properties so you are notified when one matches your criteria. If it is a hit, you can ask for further info, schedule a viewing, and if it is something you want to purchase, you can get a referral fee for purchasing through the brokerage that is hanging your license. You won't necessarily have MLS access but the search gateway will provide you with most preliminary info you need while in the weeding out phase.
There ususally are fees to hang your license with somebody but if you give them referrals throughout the year, maybe the fees are less. I believe there are many different structures out there.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 6, 2016
Brett newjersey asked:
Hi I'm looking to purchase a home.the sale price is 430,000 and I have 145,000 to put down. My income is about 54k a year my mother and gf that I'm going to be living in the home…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 26, 2015
Gerald Vonberger answered:
I would definitely get the mold testing. That's not something you want to wait on. The sooner you get it checked, the sooner you can get the remediation guys in there. I would tell him that you were going to get another company to do the inspection to make sure that he's being honest with you. But other than that, I would recommend getting the test done. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 24, 2014
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
If you are a "for sale by owner", you cannot list your home on Trulia.

Only agent-listed homes may be posted here.

I know it's confusing, and you're not the first person to ask about this.

It's unfortunate Trulia doesn't clearly state their policy.

best wishes.........
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 6, 2014
Ashley McNulty answered:
you could have another inspection done, He can at least tell if the work was done. Other than that, you would have to have separate inspections done... Electrical, Structural Engineering... the rest should be easy enough to determine.

I would ask for receipts on the work that was done, the contact information for the group that did the work and the warranty or guarantee on the work if any.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Andrew Chang answered:
With the housing market recovering nicely, you won't see "bulk" sale any longer. You or your agent should contact some lenders to see if they still have any properties on their books. Good luck.

Andrew Chang
SkyBridge Realty
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 21, 2014
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
There are not in this market :( but keep looking
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 21, 2014
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
Your attorney is the best to advise you in this matter
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Don Simmons answered:
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Janeblake30 answered:
There are many different strategies for property investment.
Positive Property Investments believes anybody in Australia can and should become financially comfortable and live the life they want through Cash Flow Positive Property Investments ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Charles Nuara answered:
There are certain sections of Duke's East that gets flooded during these storms and most of the homes require flood insurance. If you are working with a realtor they should know what areas require it or they can check the FEMA site. If you are not working with a realtor, give me a call and I will gladly help you with this issue 908-281-9636 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Charles Nuara answered:
If you are making an offer off Farm Road on the Robin Road Condos you have to check with your bank and make sure that they are FHA approved or you will need at least 10 to 20 percent down. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Carl SanFilippo answered:
Best bet is hooking up with a knowledgable realtor who has experience in foreclosures.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Annmarie Cristiani answered:
I agree. The truth is, there's more buying power today than any time I can remember because the rates are so low and values are falt or depreciating. Yes, the home one owns may be worth less today, but the potential for trading up into a nicer home is better. The same seller who expects to be paid higher for his house is also the buyer who doesn't want to pay a dime more than 'x' on someone else's. It's human nature and a natural double standard. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Alex Kushnir answered:
You posted this question in NJ area. Please correct you zip code and re-post. You will be more likely to find someone to help you there
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 26, 2011
Padmini Dave answered:
Hi Holly,

First select one town and search for the results. Then click on the listing price(LP) on column headings and click on it. One click will sort prices low to high and another click will sort prices from high to low depending on how prices are set up in each MLS.

Padmini Dave
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2010
KT Catlin answered:
Any seasoned agent that is experienced in New Home Sales can represent you. There are some hitches :
1. To represent you as a “Buyer’s Agent”, the agent cannot work for the same company that has the listing. If the Company is a Franchise different offices have different Broker Owners and are different companies so the “Brand” may be the same but not the company. If the agent works for the same company you will be working with a disclosed dual agent. NOW that does not mean they won’t do a good job for you.
2. This next point is key…MOST Builders require you to arrive for your 1st visit with your agent and the agent must sign you in to be compensated. If you have already signed in without an agent this could present a problem. If this is the case you could end up compensating your agent yourself as they will not get paid from the transaction.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 28, 2009
Deborah Stassi answered:
Hi Tammy,
Below you will find the link for the Traverse City Michigan area. You can search for vacant land by selecting it as the search type from the drop down menu.

Good luck with your search. If I can be of additional help, please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Deborah Stassi
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 15, 2008
J Lauver answered:
Working as an Assessor, in a town that re-assesses yearly, I can tell you that even if a township reassesses yearly, the numbers aren't going to reflect the actual current market. But they will be close. A re-assessment and/or revaluation uses the prior year to calculate values. It's a long process. Towns that don't re-assess or go through a re-val have "ratios". As the market changes the ratios are changed to calculate the assessment to current market value. Always call the Assessors office to see when the last re-assessment/reval was and find out the ratios. Typically listings are higher than assessments ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice