Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Local Info in 08820 : Real Estate Advice

  • All216
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying123
  • Home Selling19
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 7
Tue Nov 11, 2014
Vishal Maher Cell 732-277-9321 answered:
I Agree with John below. If you are renting, there is a window guard addendum for lease agreement and landlord should install it for you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Aida answered:
Hi , I am looking for 4 bedroom, 2 full bath in or Near by Edison, Good schools, easy commute to Downtown, NY. Thanks

Hi Rohit,
I own a house in North Edison near to Metropark, exactly fits your description and is up for sale. If you are interested than please email me on thanks ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue May 1, 2012
Patric Santo Pietro answered:
Check out these listings that should meet your criteria: ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Valentina Gabela answered:
Hi Pjx
To get a bank loan or mortgage a buyer must show they are qualified. If you are saying that you want to put 50% of purchase price down and mortgage the other 50% there is a good possibility you could qualify. It depends on many factors such as your financial ability to pay back the mortgage.

We have a great mortgage affiliate here at Diane Turton Realtors who I can put you in touch with to explore your options at no cost to you. They will help you fill out the applications and explain which mortgages might be the most suitable for you.

Call or email for further discussion

Best regards,
Val Gabela
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun May 10, 2009
Dan answered:
My experience is the same! And I cannot believe that some other Realtor would make a better buyers agent! Buyers should do their own research on sites like Trulia, Zillow. Buyers should not expect that their buyers agent would advice them on the best price for the home. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 6, 2009
Mary Petti answered:
Forgot to answer this question for you. You asked previously:


Let's keep investment aside to keep things simple. what about simple buyer buying simple single family house. is there anybody or any service there to certify to him that the house he is buying is "legal " ? Why can't his agent or his home inspector do that job of verifying "legality" ? in fact i am surprised that it's not already a part of their responsibility by default !"

If you are buying a single family home, rarely do you need to verify it's a legal use. There is a deed and title search done before closing to verify that the sellers are legal owners and that the use is consistant with the sale. Of course, your agent can go to the town on your behalf and verify it's a"legal" use, but that would more likely be necessary if it's a two family in a predominantly single family area. We already discussed the issue of whether improvements had permits or not, and how to go about verifying that. Again, legal USE and legal "improvements" are two separate issues.

William, in a previous post explained the situation quite well regarding why neither Realtors nor Inspectors can verify legality, and why it's up to you and the people you are contracted with to verify any questions you have. Worth re-reading.

Realtors work most often in the background to coordinate a smooth closing, giving gentle reminders to their clients about deadlines, guide you through the next step in the process, but usually do not make formal contact with the mortgage reps, title company, appraisers, underwriters, utility companies etc. We are facilitators not attorneys.

In any case, I wish you good luck in what ever you chose to do, and hope this exchange has been helpful and inciteful.

:::end of this blog:::
... more
1 vote 28 answers Share Flag
Search Advice