Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 08514 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Jacques Ambron answered:
the broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the seller and should not be telling you about such things, unless there is material defect that wasn't disclosed then the broker would be at fault, otherwise it's your responsibility to check out your purchase and the neighborhood you are buying in. We have some neighborhoods that are under flight paths, the broker should not say to a prospective buyer "gee, before you buy, you do know there is an airport nearby?". Obviously others have bought around you so it's obviously not a hidden problem. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 14, 2009
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Ni there Nsa162, agree with prior posters, sounds like confusion on the part of the sellers attorney/seller. You have closed, proceeds disbursed, check to septic in hand - title transferred. No, don't think terms can/should be negotiated after the fact.

But, these are details of the negotiation and closing that we agents can only offer our general feedback and opinions, but negotiating and documenting points like this prior and through close is exactly why you have an attorney - talk to him/her pronto. Hopefully in the process the attorneys captured this agreement in writing.

Good luck to you.
Best,
Jeannie Feenick
"Unwavering Commitment to Service"
Find success at www.feenick.com
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 10, 2009
John Sacktig answered:
Jeanne has explained this perfectly with no further explanation necessary.

A few observations though.. Your realtor should have explained to you that a verbal offer is not anything except a verbal offer. You should have, upon deciding on that house on Saturday, went back to the Realtors office, wrote a contract and sent to the seller to get it signed and into attorney review. (or at least on Sunday)


Now, your best shot is to make a higher offer while it is in attorney review -or- keep it for a back up offer in case something goes wrong with the current deal. I always tell a buyer, if you are serious about a property.. move quick, get it into and out of attorney review asap.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2007
Diane Glander answered:
8 single family homes closed between 8/1 and 10/31. Average Days on Market was 145, Average Sales Price was $708,953. List/Close Price (Avg) % was -3.0. If you would like a full report on these properties, reach out to me via my website below or through Trulia. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 4, 2007
Jeff B answered:
Pat, 6 Arlenes Way has not sold but is currently on the market for $824,900, with an original asking price of $849,900.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2007
Sylvia Barry, MAS,CIPS,SRES answered:
Hello pat,

I am in California. For us, if a buyer has the 'first right of refusal', you can still make an offer, and if the seller is interested in your offer, he has to go to the first buyer and see if the first buyer can match or exceed your term, whther it's price, timing, contingency, etc; does not matter. If the first buyer says yes and delivers, then you will have to wait. If not (they refused), then your contact, after negotiation, kicks in.

Yes, the realtor, and/attorney will need to disclose that that the seller has an agreement with the first buyer for first right of refusal. To protect you, before you present your offer terms to the seller, have them sign an agreement NOT to disclose the terms on your contract to the first buyer. If they agree, then you can present your offer.

However, since I am in California, take it with grain of salt. Hopefully NJ agents will reply to you.

Best,
Sylvia
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

315