Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 08401 : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying17
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 16
Sat Sep 16, 2017
Ear3d2001 asked:
I'm a cash buyer looking to purchase a condo in Atlantic City. Because of all the recent casino closings the market here has dramatically dropped for various reasons, taxes, opportunity,…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Jenn.robbins31 asked:
Wed Oct 28, 2015
Sojoh63 asked:
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Daniel Maloney answered:
Fha now longer issues spot approvals for Fha low down payment mortgages. You can go on the Fha
website and download a list of Fha approved condo buildings in whatever area you looking for. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
John Charles answered:
Try calling the Dept. of Community Affairs, Division of Housing and Community Resources. Phone # is 609-441-3334. They are tied to Section -8 program.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Linda Magarick answered:
There are many variables in home warranties. Depending upon how the agreement of sale is written if you are the buyer or buyer's agent it would be better if the buyer obtained it and seller paid. In that case you would need to check if there is a cap on the premium. Our company offers free coverage to the seller while listed and only pays when sale closes and transfers it to the buyer. The premium depends on what is covered. To learn more call me at 609-226-3775 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Edward (Ned) Humphreys answered:
Contact Colleen Reed at Annie-Mac 609-363-2157 or 609-457-1835 (Cell)
if she can't to it no one can..Thanks, Ned Humphreys, Broker Associate
Argus Real Estate 609-3700 or 609-432-0460 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Jo Ann Daly answered:
I can suggest you call The Shore Agency in Absecon, and Thomas Heist insurance Agency, I can recommend their quality service.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Carol Ruffu answered:
The as a Realtor who lives in Atlantic City, I have been using the Darby/Heist Agency for all of my own home insurance. I also refer this agency to all of my home buyers. Call Glen ay 609-399- 0049 or Tracy at 609-736-7253. Have you found a home to buy yet? I live & sell in AC so give me a call if you are still looking for your perfect home. 609-457-7397, or
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Dp2 answered:
First, the TREC will have clauses in the financing section where you'd be able to write up an offer with seller financing. You can get that from an agent and/or title company.

Second, assuming you intend to buy a property from a relative, who's not in a lineal ancestor/descendant, and who's selling a FSBO, then you 2 could draft an agreement, take it to a title company, and have them to help you to fill all of the proper paperwork (typically for an extra charge--since it's an extra service). Afterwards, you'd close normally.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
Wed Feb 3, 2010
Jose Rivera Sinclair answered:
Seller can hold mortgage. I have 4 properties in WIldwood City area, near the boardwalk where seller is willing to hold the mortgage to qualified buyers. These are summer rentals accomondations, motel style, parking available. We can sell them as a package. Call me for more information. 609 338-8877 Jose R. SInclair, Balsley Losco Real Estate. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 31, 2010
From the numbers you gave, your debt at this time is already 25-30% of your gross income. That only leaves over at most $340 for monthly payments, including taxes, homeowner's insurance, MIP and HOA dues or monthly maintenance, so without even looking at anything, I am sure the answer would be that you would not qualify on your own. Getting a co-signer with a 600 credit score is probably not going to help you. I don't work with any lenders that will allow a credit score of under 620, but maybe someone else does. You can look at what loans you have now that can be paid off to reduce your monthly debt. Once you have less than 10 months to pay on your car loan, that can be eliminated from debt. However, if it is a lease, it will be counted even if the lease is ending within 10 months. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 29, 2010
Jerry Barker answered:
Like you said, you have until the end of April to be under contract and you have until the end of June to close in order to qualify for the $8000.00 Tax Credit, if your a first time home buyer. I would try to find a Mortgage Broker that can assist you with getting approved for the mortgage in your situation with the student loans. Also if you need a down payment, NJ has a program called TCLP that allows you to obtain the tax credit upfront to assist with the down payment to purchase the property, it may also help you get approved for the mortgage. Check the web reference for more info. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 5, 2008
Judi Wolfson answered:
You MUST get a lawyer, especially in this case. Even being a Realtor, myself, in this case I would get an attorney.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice