Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08088 : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Mon Mar 20, 2017
Barbara (bisignano) Bailey asked:
I want to know about electrical, plumbing and structural inspections. I realize the floors, paint and window treatments will all have to be replaced.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Rahzhak Mizhauni answered:
If you do not record the deed, then your claim to the property won't be legalised.

Resolve, once you have signed a quitclaim, the only way to get the property back is to have the grantee quitclaim it back to you or prove the transfer was invalid. If you can prove that you signed the deed under threat, external pressure, or the grantee made you sign by telling you false information, then you can have the quitclaim deed invalidated. For invalidating a deed, consult an attorney in New jersey.
6 Steps to follow in a quit claim deed:
First of all, obtain a quit claim deed form. You can get the form online. You can also obtain it from the office of the local county recorder.
Fill in the names of the grantor and the grantee. If possible address of both the parties has to be filled in.
Signature of the grantor should be there in the form. In some states, signatures of both the grantor and the grantee are required.
A public notary should verify the signature of the grantor. Generally, the grantor has to sign the deed in front of a public notary.
A legal description of the property is a must. This is because of the fact that without the legal description, deed can’t be recorded in the recorder’s office.
In order to make the deed valid, it should be recorded in the recorder’s office.
Good Luck and be careful.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Rahzhak Mizhauni answered:
Move on and look for another offer.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Rahzhak Mizhauni answered:
Quick answer:
Answer is yes. You can shop around for the best rate and best loan structure.
Resolve, it's no big deal at all.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2012
Don Tepper answered:

There's no way to speed the process up. In all jurisdictions (that I know of, anyway), there are specified periods for notice, response, etc. Those are carved in stone. If it hasn't gone up for sheriff's sale yet, then the foreclosure isn't even complete.

Your Realtor should at least be able to tell you what the statutory dates are in the city/county that the home is located in. That'll give you a better idea of when it'll go up for sale. If you plan on buying it at the sheriff's sale, then at least you'll have a reasonably good idea. However, if it goes to the bank, then it's their decision about when to put it back on the market. That could be a few weeks . . . or a few months . . . or longer.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice