Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08062 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 13
Thu Mar 30, 2017
Meganbrady98 asked:
Her company. I know EMDs usually go to title company or buyers agents why would we be writing an EMD to the sellers broker?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2015
thinz answered:
There are many ways to market this property. I would start by personally inviting all the business owners within a 1/2 mile of your property the opportunity to have a personal tour of the units and discuss special pricing that you will offer to them if they act within a specified time frame.
Also, consider doing an owner-financed scenario for possible prospects that may be having time getting the financing needed. This all really comes down to your urgency/motivation factor.
You could also approach some non-profit groups and see if they would be interested in the space. Those are just a few things, but the main thing to reach the widest net is to market via social (facebook, twitter, etc...) Good luck. Tom Hinz
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 23, 2014
John Kelly answered:
For information regarding the status of the Richwood Town Project and zoning questions it is advisable to go to the municipal building and speak to construction and zoning officials. They are very friendly and helpful. This way you will get the most accurate and up to date information. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Robert Baker answered:
Interview all the Brokers in town and as a new agent go with the Broker that is going to offer the most education and training for your first 2 years.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 27, 2013
Ken Carpenter answered:
Thu Oct 10, 2013
John Kelly answered:
Hello ,

The fees vary but there are always standard fees that would apply such as transfer taxes, preparation of Deed and Affidavit , fee for certificate of occupancy, settlement fee to title company to conduct settlement .

There would be other cost involved also if you have a mortgage to pay off. Please feel free to contact me at direct at 609-790-6079 if you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation. Have a great day and good luck with the sale of your property.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Nancy Kowalik answered:
I believe there are no certainties when it comes to development these days. Much competition, financing is still very difficult and so what was the norm is no longer. I believe that we will continue to see areas develop but not necessarily the way it was envisioned even a few years ago.

I am a member of the Harrison Twp. Joint Land Use Board, and we continue to see plans morph and change as developers struggle to find A clients to bring to the marketplace. There is much competition among municipalities to bring in commercial rate-ables, so the true A clients have a lot to choose from.

So much is planned on just about 400 acres, but has yet to start. There is a 20 year GDP (General Development Plan) that puts a timeline to the area you mention. It is likely going to take some time for that to be absorbed, and then for it to expand.

Hope that answers your question!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
William McCann answered:
Definately. If you obtain financing the lender will require it. Make sure you get a Owners title policy for yourself. Most people do not realize that the title search and insurance is for the benefit of the lender not the borrower. If they want it for their protection why wouldn't you? ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 10, 2010
Michael answered:
Yes you should! Contact a tax attorney immediately and they can guide you through the process. Even if it costs you a fee, it will be well worth it, especially if you plan on staying in the property. Feel free to contact me with any questions..GOOD LUCK! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 26, 2010
. answered:
I know you are expecting Deborah to answer, but I thought I would jump in. Title insurance rates and fees are fixed by the state, so they will be the same no matter what title company you use. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 26, 2010
Kimberly Thomas answered:
Dear Ca,
I have not had an opportunity to read all of the other responses but here's my two cents:

RUN!!! If you can get the deposit back, get it and immediately cancel the contract. But I doubt they'll return it.

Frankly, if they've already filed for bankruptcy they are not allowed and not required to give you the deposit back as they have to account for all funds and cannot disperse to some creditors but not others; they're not required because bankruptcy gives them protection from their creditors - YOU - until a court-appointed trustee works out a plan. You'd have to file a proof of claim and get in line.

My guess is that they sense your husband's willingness to continue and may be preying on that -sorry I'm a realist and a bit jaded from what I've seen people go through recently with banks and builders in the last couple of years.

My suggestions:
1. File a complaint with the NJ State Attorney General's office to get the help of consumer protection agents. Chadd Lackey, Esq. is a friend, and an attorney there. You can tell him Kim Thomas told you to call and he will help you or point you in the right direction;

2.. Get your own attorney, like YESTERDAY!

3. Start a paper trail. It is very important that you send a demand letter, in writing and by certified mail, to the builder with any demand you may have -- to get your contract canceled, to get your deposit back, etc.

4. Click on a link in web references to an attorney's answers to others who found themselves in the same situation as you now face.

Standard disclaimer: I am not an attorney and nothing I've said in this response should be interpreted as legal advice. it is general information and you should contact an attorney of your choice as soon as possible.

I live and work in the Mullica Hill area and there are MANY great homes only a year or two old available for sale. If you need a Realtor, or an attorney, give me a call. 856-308-5989

If you find that I've been helpful, please give me a thumbsup by clicking below!

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you!


Kimberly Thomas, Broker
Realty Executives, Brown & Pope
1101 Laurel Oak Rd. Ste. 110
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Read my blog at:
... more
1 vote 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Snj2143_09 answered:
Update to original question:
The property is now zoned for commercial use. It sits on the south side of 322 between Heritage Winery and Wawa. There is a row of homes very close to the road along that stretch. Not all have been taken for the road project, and it seems like that area is in limbo. Even though the lots are zoned commercial, some of the homes are too close to the road to be used as commercial space. One exception is a house that is directly next door to Heritage but a little farther back from the road. It is being converted into a salon.

Again, my property is 1.1 acres with two separate rental units and a detached garage. My neighbor has offered to "package" her property with mine, meaning to put it on the market simultaneously in an attempt to create greater interest, presumably from someone interested in demolishing the old structures and developing the properties.

Of course, I could still just sit tight and keep it as a rental. Thanks for the answers and for any additional info/recommendations.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice