Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08003 : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 35
Mon Nov 14, 2016
Doris Titus answered:
if your second home is in NJ and NOT your primary residence and you are over 65 yrs old does the 2% exit tax apply?
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 6, 2016
Yoffi13 asked:
I posted my house for rent and not sure if it is active (10 Lafayette Ln, Cherry Hill NJ) Please, help! Julia Zavadsky
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 26, 2015
thinz answered:
I doubt it. The main reason is the seller has the right to sell their home for whatever they feel they need based on their circumstances. If this means a quick sale, then a lower price point is needed to generate an offer. Aside from that, most people would want the best price they can get for their house, and this would be true regardless of the motivation of the seller. Just changes the listing price based on their motivation and circumstances. If you live in a gated community or a community with very similar style homes (townhomes, condos) the price may be more of an issue for consistency, but still the sale should be based on the best possible price based on condition, and meeting the seller's needs. Here is my experience, most people think their home is worth more vs less, which is why many homes on are on the market too long, or have expired listings. Pricing is not a static should be flexible to accommodate condition, time on the market, and needs of the seller.
Tom Hinz
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2015
thinz answered:
Before recommending the house, I recommend you get a mold remediation contractor in there to assess the situation and give you an estimate -IF you really want to put an offer in on the home.
After getting the estimate, I would use that estimate as a key part of the short sale case submitted to the lender for approval. This will require finesse to make the case to the lender...but if done properly buy an experienced short sale negotiator, most times it will help affect the BPO value lower...which is key for getting the property at a decent value for the buyer (despite the repairs that are needed) and getting the best settlement for the seller and seller's lender.
Let me know if you have other questions on how to proceed with this strategy.
Good luck. Tom Hinz
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2015
thinz answered:
If you don't have a fully executed purchase contract, and have not entered into attorney review, you probably lost this to the higher offer. Tom Hinz
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 15, 2015
christie Peyton answered:
The local MLS has a tremendous amount of rentals available through real estate brokerages. Contact a real estate agent who can help you find a rental. Realtor's have the access and they can help you maneuver through the leasing process. If you have questions and need assistance fell free to contact me. 856-359-4640 Christie Peyton, Realtor Keller Williams Realty ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 15, 2015
christie Peyton answered:
Keller Williams offers 70/30 split or even better splits depending on your production. One of the reasons I joined is because of the opportunity to be a partner owner.. every agent of KW is offered the opportunity of enjoying the benefits of profit sharing. Contact a local KW agent and any one of them will be happy to share the great opportunities of this amazing company!
Keller Williams Realty-Moorestown, NJ 856-359-4640
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 10, 2015
Barb Saccomanno answered:
Both the realty transfer tax and "exit" tax are reduced for seniors. The tax that is paid on the proceeds of the sale are normally recorded on the seller's NJ tax return. When a seller is moving out of state the tax is referred to as the "exit" tax and it paid for at the time of settlement.

Barb Saccomanno
ReMax Main St. Realty
(856) 313-0088
(856) 866-2525
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 20, 2015
Jim Olive answered:
Ouch! It's a good idea to check when the question was asked when answering. This person asked for help more than 3 years ago...
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 19, 2014
Gerald DeMarco answered:
The term “exit tax” is misleading, effective Aug. 1, 2004, the state enacted P.L. 2004, Chapter 55, which requires nonresidents of New Jersey to pay an estimated tax on the income from the sale of New Jersey real property. If you plan on maintaining residency -whether renting or living with family or friends- you will still be a resident of New Jersey. At settlement you should complete Form GIT/REP-3 (Sellers Residency Certification/Exemption) and check box #1 under Seller Assurances. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Trulia Customer Service answered:
Hi! Carol here at Trulia. We have an active sale listing for this address at

In an effort to eliminate fraudulent rental listings from our site, our system filters out rental listings for which there is a property listed for sale. Your real estate agent can contact us to authorize the rental listing.

If you have additional questions, please visit our help center here:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Matthew Zimmerman answered:
Punda -

On the surface, it appears that you can afford the purchase, but you should really speak with a mortgage loan officer to get a better handle on the costs, associated with the purchase, in addition to the down payment.

As for down-payment assistance programs, there are some available, depending on the county in which you are purchasing.

Finally, you can bring your own credit report, for discussion purposes, but each lender will need to pull a copy for themselves in order to pre-approve you.

if you have any questions, or need more information, please feel free to give me a call.

Best regards,

Matthew Zimmerman
Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS: 70365
Annie Mac Home Mortgage
700 East Gate Drive, Suite 400
Mt Laurel, NJ 08054
Cell: 856.904.4122
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Atul Rastogi answered:
My answer may be little too late unless if you are still in the market for the house and your immigration status is still H1B. If it has changed to approved I 140 with I 797 and an EAD card has been issued to you. You do not have any problem in buying a house and getting the loan.
However, H1B with EAD is recognized by all the banks and Fannie / Freddie as well. While FHA recognozes only EAD though little persuation can get you FHA loan as well on H1B.
There is no problem in getting it approve. I specialize in those loans and you can call me or get on my web site for the details. (908) 798 3560
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
The Rifkin Team answered:
I know this is an old thread but if you still need any real estate help please call our office
(Keller Williams Cherry Hill) 856-321-1212 and ask for The Rifkin Team.

1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
The Rifkin Team answered:
I know this is an old thread but if you still need any real estate help please call our office
(Keller Williams Cherry Hill) 856-321-1212 and ask for The Rifkin Team.

1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice