Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 07666 : Real Estate Advice

  • All47
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying34
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 33
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Susanmorganjr answered:
From my personal experience so far regarding my credit profile,I earlier didn't know how about it was and when I knew I had foreclosures, later payments and even over dues, I felt really bad because then it was late and the result of my bad credit affected my credit score which was about 379 and 401 to get my loan approved I needed 700 and above, I sort for help from big credit repair companies, but they couldn't help me get my score where I wanted to be in the short period I need to get a loan to keep a roof over my child's head, till a lender introduced me to a repair man who has access to this credit companies who got my credit up to 714 and 757 and also educated me about how to maintain my credit and maintain a really good score, HACKWIZatPROTONMAILdotCOM is where ill refer anyone that needs a deadline fix on there credit .you can thank me later. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 1, 2017
Mbrunell answered:
Another thought about replacing the radiator system... another option would be to price out something like a mitsubishi split ductless system (or other mfg). They are wall-mount units that heat/cool. The ductless versions would not need as extensive modifications to the existing walls. They need power and the refrigerant lines, which may fit exactly where the radiator pipe previously was. They also need a radiator that sits outside the house(like a normal AC unit). They're very efficient as well.

I think the main limitation of these systems is their ability to produce heat is reduced as the outside temperature drops. Mine de-rates to 80% heat output at -15F. It hasn't ever been a problem for me yet though (In Wisconsin), but I think they recommend supplemental backup baseboard units (electric) just in case. I put one of these in my finished attic space, plus 2 baseboard electric heat units which I have never had to turn on.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 24, 2016
NJHomebuyer asked:
Thu Feb 11, 2016
Michael Shetler answered:
This article provides the tax rates for all towns in Bergen County, NJ. It also makes a few points about the general tax rate versus effective tax rate. You can download the chart of tax rates, sorted by lowest tax rate. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2015
thinz answered:
Get a few HVAC companies to review and give you a detailed estimate.
Tom Hinz
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 12, 2015
Yes you may be eligible for a VA loan with a fico score under 600!

A VA loan allows 100% financing on new purchases as well!

Please email me at if you would like to discuss further. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 21, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
The majority of rental homes I've seen don't include these things. I think it's fairly safe to assume that if you're renting a house you'll need to pay for utilities. Occasionally the landlord will provide lawn care or hire someone for it, but that will likely be stated in the lease. As far as furniture goes though, you definitely will need to have your own furniture. I've never seen a furnished home before for rent or for sale. That's definitely a responsibility of you when you live there.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 11, 2014
Phillip Griffin asked:
Moved out of an apartment a few years ago and the company who runs it decided they wanted to charge us for carpet replacement. They sent the amount straight to collections and we had no…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 24, 2014
Brian is correct -- 2 years is the minimum. that doesn't mean it will be easy, but it's do-able.

I don't lend in California, but i seem to remember you were looking in my area -- NJ. if so, look me up! I'd love to help. I do have a problem-credit VA outlet i can use.
good luck!!!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 19, 2014
email me the reports and i'll take a look for you. i'm sure it's obvious that no one can tell what happened without seeing it.
wondering -- did you ask the lender if he/she sees what changed, or was it different lenders?
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 6, 2014
We've just opened lower fico lending on VA loans -- down to 580 in certain circumstances. Perhaps I can help you. visit my page for my contact information. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Travis Waller answered:
They have a fantastic Charter School in Teaneck that I'm familiar with. I'm an advocate for Charter Schools and their emphasis on education. I'm also the a Board member at the Englewood Palisades Charter School in adjacent Englewood, NJ. Here's a link for you regarding charter schools. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
mommyjojo71 answered:
I am a buyer looking to purchase a home with an active buried tank. Seller has insurance on tank and insurance is transferable. I am being told that in NYS, the seller is not required to remove tank nor pay for testing. The testing would be our responsibility. The tank is old and I would rather it be pulled and replaced with an above ground tank, however the seller is not required to do so and insurance will be voided if it is a voluntary pull of the tank and a leak is found.
I am being told my some to test the tank. If the tank fails then the seller is 100 percent responsible for removal and replacement along with clean up. If the testing passes the test i am left with a ticking time bomb so to speak. This house is everything we wanted and then some and the price is below market value. There is minimal issues on home inspection. The tank seems to be the only issue and a big one at that. I need help in making this decision!!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Travis Waller answered:
I cover Teaneck, Hackensack, Englewood, Englewood Clifffs, and Leonia.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Good morning Jainesh Patel,

The FHA program allows a Seller to pay up to 6% of the Purchaser's closing costs in a purchase transaction. So, yes, your Realtor can negotiate with the Seller to include closing costs in the Offering price you make on the home.

You will want to consult with your Mortgage Banker as to how much may be needed for the Seller's concession for closing costs in your area as closing costs vary widely from State to State, County to County, City to City.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 5, 2010
Jane Grant answered:
Sheldon: I am going to answer your question with a question. If you were selling a home wouldn't you want to know if a potential buyer were qualified?

If you want to be taken seriously by your agent, the seller's agent and the seller then submitting a strong pre-approval letter is essential!

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun May 9, 2010
Michael Jacobs Loan Officer answered:
Closing costs on an FHA loan can be included in the loan. Most of the answers are pretty vauge so I will try to explain in depth but short. Closing costs can always be included in the loan, the loan type doesn't matter. A method for helping with closing costs/down payment is to increase the purchase price and ask for sell paid concessions. You have to be carefull doing this or an underwriter will catch it. Also, your offer has to be a good offer from the net amount the seller will receive. Example, if you offer $500k with 6% seller concesssions(max amount), really the seller will net $470k. Closing costs can vary from lender to lender and some fees are junk and some fees are real fees. I recently moved here (San Jose, CA) from Brainerd MN, small town north of Minneapolis MN. In MN, FHA loans were the norm because home values there are a lot less. CA prices have always been over the loan limits but they have changed them for now. If you have any questions regarding a mortgage, feel free to give me a call @ 218-831-3201. It's a MN area code because I still have the same phone number. You can also email me at The compnay I work for is Interactive Financial Corporation out of Troy Michigan. I am licensed in FHA/VA and conventional loans in CA also and currently live in South San Jose.

Good luck with purchasing your home.

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Gina Chirico answered:

I really rather not reiterate what all the other responses have been but nobody can draw a conclusion as to your true financial situation, including credit scores, etc. until you speak with a mortgage broker or lender. As Jeff stated, each individual person is different and what you may think is not a good credit score -- may very well be above what you need to obtain a mortgage.

I think its great that you want to buy your first home and hopefully you will be able to qualify for the first time homebuyer tax credit of up to $8,000.

I think your first step is to call your local bank or contact Jeff below and speak to someone who can help you determine whether you can buy at this time or if you cannot. As far as buying your first home, getting approved for a mortgage is the first step and goes hand in hand with finding a realtor you wish to work with. My company is hosting a free first-time homebuyer and tax credit expansion and extension seminar on March 3rd, 7:00 - 8:30pm, in our Livingston Office. If you are interested in attending please contact me via Trulia or through my contact information below. Our in-house loan officer, Frank Gatto, will also be present and he can certainly answer any general questions you may have publicly and you can also speak with him privately. Feel free to contact him personally as well: 201-650-2763.

Good luck.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116 office

Tips for First Time Homebuyer blogs:
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 8, 2010
Wa Macdonald answered:
HUD/FHA does not provide for financed closing costs other than the FHA funding fee, however, you can accomplish this with a seller assist (concession). You can see an example on the web page below.

You can find the FHA underwriting manual here:
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice