Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

07502 : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Sat Sep 28, 2013
Jessica Bateman answered:
Yes FHA loans require a 580 score, Conventional require a 620.. I recommend The Lenders Network, they can refer you to an agent to help you find a home and a Lender or two that can get you pre approved.

Good Luck!
... more
2 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Paul Marzolla answered:
Your credit score would absoultely allow for FHA financing, only a 3.5% down payment is needed which is great. I've worked with many homebuyers who've had blemishes on the credit report, including bankruptcies. The important question would be "When was your bankruptcy discharged?"

Being that it was filed 5 years ago I'm sure you're in the clear, but I think you owe it to yourself to be certain. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience so we can discuss all aspects of your upcoming home purchase and weigh out several options to ensure an affordable payment. I'm located locally in Hackensack and would be more than happy to help you and your family out.

Kindest regards,

Paul F. Marzolla
Sr. Mortgage Consultant
(201) 957-6768
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Frank answered:
Delia I work at Clifton Savings Bank, we do not have any Credit Score Requirement

As long as you have a job & good income & can put 5% down on a 1 family house

Call me Francisco 1-917-547-9298 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 31, 2012
misridley answered:
I live in Paterson and where I live is discussing, too much drugs etc. the thing u have good and bad part off Paterson. to the east side is great, near to Totowa eg chamberlain ave, redwood ave etc. is great. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
G Alexander answered:
If you are looking to purchase foreclosures, you can work with a broker who specialize in such properties.What areas are you interested in?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 15, 2010
Diane Glander answered:
The credit comes in the way of an income tax return credit. You file your taxes with the appropriate documentation and then either wait for a check, or the credit will reduce your tax liability. So, how quickly you get it depends on whether or not you are taking it as a deduction from taxes owed or waiting for a check from the government.
If you've already filed your 2009 taxes before you purchase and close, then you can file an amended tax return.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Jeff K answered:
Hi Don,

With the greatest respect, NJ is a bit different - we are really famous for our property taxes. Mine went up every year for 8 years - from 9000 to 12500. Be glad you are in VA.

That's a big reason that I just bought in PA.
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice