Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 07087 : Real Estate Advice

  • All46
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying22
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 1
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Amos Elroy answered:
Oy! I truly feel your pain. So sorry you are having to deal with that stress and uncertainty.

This really does put you in a very precarious situation. You would have frankly been in a better position were you renting, as opposed to a share owners. As tenants you would have some legal protection that could buffer your eviction just enough for you to be able to find a replacement home.

You certainly do need an attorney. Perhaps someone at a consumer advocacy organization such as NACA ( can provide some legal assistance. I wonder if you could lease the apartment to yourselves, in case the association permits it? Take it just a legally non-qualified wild thought.


Amos Elroy

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)
CHBA (Certified Home Buyer Advisor from NAEA)
CSBA (Certified Home Seller Advisor from NAEA)
NAEA Member (National Association of Expert Advisors)
Residential Real Estate Expert Adviser

Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty

(888) 462-6573 Ext. 101 / (888) HOB-NJRE Ext. 101
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice