Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

07067 : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Tue May 17, 2016
Gregdes52 asked:
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Mary Petti answered:

Just FYI, if a house is ZONED in a single family residential zone, you would have to go to the zoning department of Woodbridge to make an application for a variance to convert to a 2 family. However, it's my experience that most zoning boards will not allow this to occur. (I am on a local zoning board myself so I know something about this). The only way to find out what the zoning is, is to go to town hall and speak to the zoning official.

Please DO NOT consider doing a conversion without the proper approvals. It's illegal, unsafe and can get you into a lot of hot water, with heavy $$ penalties if the conversion is discovered and was done illegally, including making you convert back to a SF home.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Mary Petti answered:
I hate reiterating what others have said, but it's up to the attorneys to work this out.

While we all understand the issue with a 15 month old, I might suggest it may be worth your while to pay to put your things in storage, and move into a short term executive suite hotel till the closing rather than chance losing the sale of your home and potentially lose your purchase as well. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Lawrence T. Mraz answered:
Taxes in New Jersey communities are based on the "assessed value" of the home. That assessed value is multiplied by that years' tax rate to arrive at the annual taxes to be paid. The assessed value does not change when a home is sold. It only changes if there is a total re-assessment of all properties in the town. When the municipal budget is approved each year, a tax rate for the year, expressed as a rate per $100 of assessed value is determined. That means that all residential taxes go up proportionately.
So if the home you own today has taxes of $24,000 per year (which as a resident of Colonia tells me that the home must be a very expensive one), then the future taxes should present no more of an impediment to selling than they would today, all other things being equal. By the way, I think that a 5% increase per year is a bit on the high side.

I hope that this helps.
Larry Mraz, Prudential New Jersey Properties 732-715-5849 (cell)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 2, 2009
David - Appraiser answered:
There are always comps, regardless of the type of real estate. Land can be more difficult, especially if vacant or raw land with no improvements. If you are looking to purhcase or sell, it may be beneficial to you to contact an appraiser to assist in determining a selling or purchase price. In some instances and type of real estate, one has to go farther out (distance from the subject property) and/or farther back in time to find comps. With land, sometimes it is necessary to choose different size parcels as comps. Whether the comps are farther away, larger or smaller, and/or older sales, there are necessary adjustments that need to be made to determine the current market value thereby enabeling one to determine a reasonable selling or purchase price. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 16, 2008
Victor Kaminski answered:
Andre, do you client a favor and refer the listing to an agent in the area, you'll still make some bucks....
If you're working with a buyer and need comps, call me tomorrow, I'll see what I can do for ya!
No Charge!!! lol...

What do you have a new multi-million dollar home on over an acre in the Estates Section near New Dover Road? You MUST to have taxes like that, if not I'd appeal your taxes to get them reduced...

Good Luck...

Victor Kaminski
Owner / Broker Manager
Marivic GMAC Real Estate
2056A Lincoln Hwy. (Rt.27)
Edison, NJ 08817-3330
Office: 732-650-9911 Ext.302
Cellular: 908-884-5757
Toll Free: 1-866-745-GMAC(4622) Ext.302…………
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice