Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

06513 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Sat Jul 2, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Upper right corner you should see your name, with a drop down menu. Go to "Manage Profile".
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 27, 2016
Victor_olaya asked:
Mon Jun 23, 2014
Tricia Cyr answered:
I do have new 2 bedroom condominiums for sale @ countywalk village located in a 55+ community close to town that are new construction , I would be happy to discuss with the builder about accommodating entry. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Milena Quinto answered:
Hi Denise,

This property is located within 15 minutes from the train station in new haven and the green.

Milena Quinto
Realtor, Broker
MQ Realty
Phone: 203-214-2462
Email: ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 1, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
No property was indicated, so there is no way for anyone to answer your question. If you had posted an address, I would use a mapping site to find your answer. Best of luck.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 27, 2009
Fred Glick answered:
I am not a lawyer but, the buyer can file what is called a lis pendens against the property so that you cannot sell until the litigation they filed is done.

They can sue you for specific performance. If they followed what they had to do in the contract and you did not, then they should win monetary damages.

Think about the predicament you put them into. If the shoe were on the other foot......

Do get a real estate attorney if you do not want to proceed.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 2, 2009
David answered:
I have paid some money before loan precessing started. Can I say because loan broker can not deliver loan at promising time, I should ask for money back from loan broker?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 26, 2008
Phil answered:
Yes, If you cant afford the loan, make it a point to your lender and ask for a letter stating they will not fund the deal. You should be able to walk away with your deposit since it is a contingency on most contracts. The sooner you get this to the seller, the less of an issue it will be. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Depending if appraisal, survey, title and or other items have been ordered and received you will have to pay for those items as well as any mortgage application items. Also in your contract there is a default clause that describes the most injurious part of backing out of the contract. You need to read that. It will say somthing like the sellers can sue you for specific performance. Consult with an attorney.

It means that the seller would exercise his right to have you fulfill your obligation and if not, they would be rewarded 3 times the cost of damages brought upon his suit. It happens but not often. Be careful.

Best thing is to be open and get with your realtor or seller and communicate with them why you want out. That way you might be able to get some of your earnest monay back. Good luck
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice