Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 06405 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Greg Hanner answered:
Joanna Is correct. There are actually first time home buyer programs that might work - CHFA with USDA however there are income/location limitations that may impact applicability for use at that location. I'll defer to lenders who specialize in those types of loans. Jill Carini of DRB has worked wonders with many of my buyers who have low down payments.

I strongly suggest that you work with a Buyer's Agent so your interests are protected. You can do so with no out-of-pocket costs to yourself. If there's anything else you need, don't be hesitant to ask. Educating yourself is the best way to reduce stress when buying a new home.

Hope this info helps.

Greg Hanner, Broker, REALTOR, e-Pro
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 27, 2012
Agent/Owner answered:
No idea. Short Beach Maple Street does not require FEMA Flood Insurance Certificate - no flooding during Irene at all. fyi...
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Paul Marzolla answered:
With investment properties there are certain conditions that must be met when obtaining a mortgage. If you would like to be pre-approved it would take me a few minutes to see where you stand to weight-out all of your available options. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can best determine which loan program best suits your needs.

Paul Marzolla
(201) 203-2266
(551) 486-0243
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
David Carr answered:
You can cancel by providing a letter to the broker of record at their place of business via fax, email or regular mail. If there is a specific non performence issue that should be stated. You are not obligated or locked into a buyer ageeemnet. You should consult an attorney or a local Board of REALTORS. I have a standard cancellation form available for my clients to use, but nobody has ever asked or one. The broker supporting the agent agent may be protected in regards to property already shown so the buyer can not cut a broker out of a transaction that as initiated by the brokers agent work. Talk to your agent broker first to resolve the issue in an honest, clear manner. The call me ;o)..........203-654-2905 ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 1, 2011
Joanna Martin answered:
In CT most homes have basements, so buying a house on a slab is not the usual situation and therefore you would expect to pay less for it. The only exception would be a raised ranch style home. If you are considering this style home which typically has a lower level that is finished, that would not be the case. I am assuming you are talking about a ranch or colonial that does not have a basement. I had one of these in Clinton for sale a few years ago and it was difficult to sell. At the right price, it can be a good deal. But you have to compensate for the lack of a basement in the price. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice