Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

06066 : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Thu Jun 4, 2015
James McCabe answered:
if you need help with selling your house, i can help. Contact me anytime, thanks. 860-837-1160
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 16, 2015
Seshell asked:
A condo recently listed for sale had a listing price. Then it was changed to "Pubic Record" Now it's changed back to "Active Contingent" Any idea why was this…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012
David Carr answered:
Tue Apr 17, 2012
A good general rule of thumb is no more than one third of your income. However, every person's monthly budget is different. If your income fluctuates, one third might be too much. If you have substantial fixed monthly debt payments such as student loans, credit cards, car loans or leases, etc. one third might also be too much. Also be sure to get a sense of what the monthly electricity/heat and any other fixed costs associated with renting any apartment. If you are moving to a new area and will be commuting to work, make sure you factor in any extra transportation costs that you don't have to pay now.

The most important thing is to try to keep the rent and all other associated costs that you don't have now low enough that you can still save for your future. Good luck.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 11, 2012
Anne Miller answered:
The seller can pay for closing costs if your type of mortgage would allow it.
Check with your mortgage officer...If you do not have one, I can recommend
a couple of very good ones with low rates and easy terms. call me 860-647-8000
Anne Miller.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 6, 2010
Gerard Dunn answered:
Look at between 4-4.5% on fixed rate. Just an origination fee = 1% of the loan amount to the bank

Good Luck!

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 14, 2010
Steve Geryk answered:
Hi Veteran'10,

My name is Steve Geryk And I am a Mortgage Loan Officer . I have been doing VA mortgages for almost 20 years. I am located in Stafford Springs and could easily answer your questions over the phone if you would like to call ( 860)-684-3111 , which is a local call from Vernon. If email is easier feel free to contact me at .

VA is a great program , and one that you have earned. A multi family property is a little different for VA than other programs, so there are things that you need to be aware of when you get qualified. Please contact at any time.
... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 24, 2009
Anne Astley answered:
Hi Wija

Find yourself a great mortgage advisor and ask about FHA and USDA loans - surprisingly most of Connecticut qualifies for USDA financing.

You will need to get pre-approved before any agent will take you out looking for homes that you can afford to purchase, plus, you will also be in a position to put in an offer immediately on a home that you like.

Good luck and if you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice