Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

04330 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Harrison Wol…, Real Estate Pro in Hallowell, ME
Tue Feb 3, 2015
Harrison Wolfington answered:
You should double check with a tax professional, but my understanding is that if you've occupied a property for at least 2 out of the past 5 years, then you are not required to pay capital gains upon the sale. There are other considerations as well - has it been used commercially, etc. Check with an accountant to be sure! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Lisa Webb-Ka…, Real Estate Pro in Augusta, ME
Wed Jan 14, 2015
Lisa Webb-Kalloch answered:
I know that you posted this about 6 months ago, but I thought I would check in with you to see if you found a place. Being six months ago also, you might think about checking with a lender to see what your credit score currently is. A lender can help you get to the buying point quicker many times then you can on your own. Please call me if you have any questions or if I can be of assistance. Lisa Kalloch
Coldwell Banker Rizzo Mattson, Realtors 660-7583.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Jimpmwo, Home Buyer in 04330
Wed May 30, 2012
Jimpmwo answered:
In Augusta Maine if you want to find out who owns a property you just need to go to the cities web site and select assessors office from there you can pull up the tax records and it will tell you whom owns it and their address ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Don Tepper answered:
Sure you can do that.

However, as noted below, if the owner doesn't want to sell then there's really no way to force him to.

On the other hand, people sell (and buy) mobile home parks all the time. Sometimes (rarely) it's an all-cash purchase. More often, it's done with owner financing. For example, the buyer might put 20% down, with the seller holding the note for the other 80%.

Check with a good real estate attorney. You'd need to determine a whole bunch of things: How much the park is worth (and whether you all could buy it), the appropriate legal structure (I'm guessing the residents would form a corporation and purchase the park in the name of the corporation), and so on. And, of course, you have to determine whether the owner has any interest in selling.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

62