Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

02895 : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 13
Fri Dec 1, 2017
Lisa Laroche asked:
Wed Jun 22, 2016 asked:
Hello, you have the wrong house pictured for 326 Gauthier Dr, Woonsocket, RI. Not sure where that house is but it is not in the neighborhood. Zillow has the correct picture for 326 Gauthier…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 11, 2015
Gerald Feenstra answered:

The best way to find the value of a rental property is to see what other rentals that are similar to your property are renting for in the area. You can search here on trulia or on Craigslist. I would look for other properties that match some or most of your homes features and see what other landlords are attempting to get for rent. That would be your best bet without seeking a professional to help appraise the rental potential of your property.

I hope this is helpful!

Gerald Feenstra
Real Estate Professional
RE/MAX of Grand Rapids
C: 616-706-2674
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 6, 2014
John Repoza answered:
You should sit down with a local lender and go over your situation. FHA and conventional mortgage
allow for certain late payments with a valid reason that can be documented.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Sonia Gervazio answered:
Years ago I had a short sale contract with Bank of America for one year. Buyer loved the house; he waited and is currently happy at home. Now, while every file is treated as case by case basis; it is possible for a short sale to close within 45 days. The reason why that's happening is because the short sale process has improved significantly. They are much more efficient at collecting data and most importantly, -for the most part- they start the short sale process prior to putting the house on the market. If you are going to deal with a short sale, you will be better off working with an agent that specializes in short sales and distressed properties. Look for the SFR and CDPE certifications:
CDPE, Certified Distressed Property Expert
A Certified Distressed Property Expert® is a real estate professional with specific understanding of the complex issues confronting the real estate industry, and the foreclosure avoidance options available to homeowners.
SFR, Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
REALTORS® who have earned the SFR certification know how to help sellers maneuver the complexities of short sales as well as help buyers pursue short sale and foreclosure opportunities. The certification program includes training on how to qualify sellers for short sales, negotiate with lenders, protect buyers, and limit risk.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 23, 2013
DiSpirito Team answered:
You might want to contact a mortgage professional. Sometimes if you pay off bad debt, it will adversely effect your credit. i.e. if you had a credit card that was delinquent for 3 years and you paid it off or settled on it today your score could actually look lower now. The credit system is very fragile. If you need some mortgage professionals to consult with, I can suggest 3 to you. Best of luck and Happy New Year! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 23, 2013
DiSpirito Team answered:
If you are not having financial hardship, you may want to think about leasing the condo out. Right now, with our landlords, we are finding in RI that they are making between 35% and 46% over their mortgage on average when leasing. When you have rental income, a bank will take note of that when you are looking to purchase a new home. When you short sell (if they even let you), you could possibly find yourself with a damaged credit score and will not be allowed to purchase a home for 2 to 3 years depending on your exact situation. Feel free to contact any of the agents that cared to answer your question or you can contact my team and I directly at 359-2338. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Emily Erekuff answered:
Hi Seguraramiro305,

If you're looking to contact Trulia, it's best to do so via email. You can email our team directly via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 24, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Any local agent can help you--why not contact any realty office(s) and ask--if you don't have an agent consider the services.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
It's actually a rental/lease agreement which requires the tenant to pay all operating costs of the building.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 25, 2009
Alayna Berek answered:
A short sale does not have to be purchased as is. However, you should have the inspection done prior to signing the purchase and sales agreement because once the bank agrees on a price, they are not going to give any concessions. Also, you should do a final walkthrough just prior to closing to make sure all is as it was when you last saw the property. This is why it is important to have a buyer's agent working for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Ernie P. answered:

I would recommend that you give me a I know 3 commercial realtors who specialize in the Woonsocket market, and their office is located there. I can be reached at: 401.349.4790, or via e-mail at:

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice