Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 02703 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 5
Tue Aug 9, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
This home isn't for sale. It's a bogus "foreclosure" listing on Trulia. If it were available it would say "FOR SALE". If you're interested in buying a home you should call a local REALTOR who can work for you as a Buyer's Agent. Your agent can show you any available property, including all foreclosures. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Heath Coker answered:
If you were not in a first position you might have lost your investment.
You ned a real estate attorney to ask your question to.

However I am not an attorney.
Here are some things to research and ask an attorney:
1) what position in the line of debts was/is your loan.
2) do your loan docs say anywhere in any paragraph that you request to be notified in the even of a foreclosure by a loan in a position in front of you.
3) if you weren't notified by the foreclosing entity, why not, and do you have any legal remedies .

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Heidi Zizza answered:
You mentioned in another question that you were not on the mortgage is that correct? If you are not on the mortgage hire an attorney to to a deed transfer and transfer to your ex for $1.00 prior to the short sale. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Heidi Zizza answered:
Because you are on the deed. If you are involved in this transaction, which you are, you should be sure to hire an attorney
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 20, 2011
Sharon Smoot answered:
Were you represented by an attorney when you got the divorce? If so, you should speak with your divorce attorney about the disposition of this property pursuant to the terms of your divorce decree. If you were not represented by an attorney when you were divorced, you should have an experienced divorce attorney to review the divorce decree to determine whether dispostion of the property was addressed. Depending on the terms of the decree, transferring title to the property to your ex would be your best option for protecting your credit.

Good Luck,

Sharon E. Smoot, Realtor®, SFR, Esq.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2820 Main Street West
Snellvlle, GA 30078
(678) 446-5925

Disclaimer: The information contained herein is not meant to be legal advice and is distributed only for informational purposes. You are encouraged to consult with a qualified attorney in your area.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Search Advice