Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

02151 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 15
Tue Mar 14, 2017
Nelson asked:
I registered to Zillow with Can I log in Trulia with the same email address and the same password?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 28, 2016
Lisa M. asked:
Live in Massachusetts. Freddie Mac was investor of first home. Also what is the waiting period to able to even think of getting another home.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2016
Adamb1017 asked:
I own a 2 family in MA. I owe around 210 and it's worth nearly 400k after 8 years. I clear around 8,000 a year on average after everything is paid. Some suggest taking my 170k or so…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 11, 2016
Kmcordwell asked:
Can I request a copy of the appraisal even if the buyer has paid for the service?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 18, 2016
Roberto Felix asked:
Maybe 10-20 unit building with very minor repairs.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2015
Kathleen Ramos answered:
I e-mailed someone very similar telling me him and his family had the keys , he gave me the address and told me I could drive by the building until we could finish the priority's!! Very much a scam!!! I cannot believe as hard as things are they would take from people and their children!! I am DUMBFOUNDED!! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 12, 2015
Shane Milne answered:
The tax transcripts from the IRS just take 2-3 days. They want to make sure you have filed your 2014 tax returns and aren't just providing them an unfiled tax return. Being 1099'd, you are considered self-employed, and lenders require 2 years of tax returns reflecting you are self-employed. Loan officer should have known this ahead of time, fortunately it sounds like you have fixed the situation so it's just a matter of time for underwriting to review and verify the 2014 tax returns have been filed and then you should be good to go.

P.S. You can reply to people here, but none of us will ever get a notification you have replied because Trulia has disabled that feature. If you have follow up questions I recommend you contact the person directly by clicking on their picture and sending them a direct message.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
shane@thebesthomeloans | 949-273-4161 direct
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 8, 2014
Jean-Leon Magnotto answered:
Trulia also now has a crime map that is in Beta testing here: . Good luck !
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 13, 2014
Scott Morrissette answered:

You would need to change your preferences. I am an agent in the Revere, Boston area and own property in both Revere and Boston. I can help you with your commercial real estate needs.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Joseph Roraff answered:
It's not required. The buyer usually requests it. Sometimes the seller will do it before they list the house and have the report for any prospective buyers.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Laura Abbene answered:
Hello Dina,
Revere's in-law / "illegal apartment" issue is difficult for our seller clients to comprehend. There are no exception allowances offered. The only grandfathered item would be that, if a homeowner has paid taxes as a two family status for 10 or more years, the city will allow homeowner to make additional parking spaces. My experience has been with split level ranches - code enforcement will issue permits to pave over that little square of lawn in front for additional off-street parking. There are two options on the interior; Conform & convert to present code and acquire occupancy certificate or remove the kitchen back to the studs. In one case where the unit was more than 1/3 below grade and bedrooms had casement windows, my homeowner was required to remove ALL the dividing (non-support) walls as well as the kitchen and hardwire all smokes - regardless that it was marketed as a single.

Hope this helps.

Laura Abbene
M. Celata Real Estate
353 Broadway, Revere, MA 02151
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Gerry Harrington answered:
Hi Michelle,
The best way would be to find a realtor to do a market analysis on your property. Our office has been in business for over 30 years, and we offer FREE C.M.A's, and would be able to help .
Fell free to contact me by phone or email for any assistance.
Good luck!
Gerry Harrington
Sales Agent
Anderson Treacy Real Estate
geh1963@ 781-367-1647
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 2, 2011
Dina Kahriman answered:
You can stop by our office 900 Broadway Revere MA and we can give you the needed information for the tax abatement, including the proper form.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 23, 2009
Christopher Lawton answered:
Go with the right person, more than the company! I have worked with he is down to earth and a straight shooter!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice