Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 01760 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Tue Dec 8, 2015
Linda Johnstone answered:

Let me take out time to inform you just if you are interested in Project Financing, Real Estate Investment, Business Loans from certified private lenders We loan with Interest starting from 5% APR. We are able to fund your project

Contact us with the email below

Linda Johnstone Financial Inc
128 Concord Dr Suite 10,
Greenville North Carolina
Tel: +1 828 572 3329
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2015
mattdalek47 answered:
I would not buy a house with that kind of damage unless the seller will cut you a deal or get it fixed. That is a dangerous situation, and it's not something you want to deal with. Even if you do buy the house, you need to get this issue repaired right away. If the chimney comes apart the rest of the way, it will take the wall with it, as well as a chunk of the house. This is not a repair to put off.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Christine Del Grosso answered:
One of the most interesting things I've learned as a real estate agent is how many loan products are available. As the previous person mentioned, there are rehab loans that can sometimes address these types of issues.
I think that it's important to shop around for a good lender who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and do this type of loan.

There are some agents who may not be familiar with those types of loans or may even feel intimidated by the process. Some loans are easier to do than others.
And, it is also very possible that your agent is trying to avoid causing you frustration and anxiety because these homes often can be very difficult to finance. You can let your agent know that you understand these types of purchases don't always go through, but that you are willing to give it a try.

Also, there are specific government websites that offer direct bank owned properties and it can be helpful to have a professional real estate agent guide you through that process. Sometimes these properties require a pre-approval with a specific lender but that doesn't mean you have to use that lender as far as I know. or http://www.homepathcom.

The other thing to note is that even in a multiple offer situation, the first accepted offer can fall out of contract (and often does), so it's a good idea to get an offer in, even if you think you will get outbid.

Once a property falls out of contract, it can be a good moment to get your offer accepted by default. I guess what I'm saying is that if at first you don't succeed, try and try again, but also nothing ventured nothing gained.

Work with an agent and a lender who doesn't mind doing the more challenging work that is sometimes involved in these types of properties.
I hope that helps!
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Christine Del Grosso answered:
Yes, this is a service your real estate agent can do for you. It's called an "urgent need" letter and targets a specific area in the neighborhood that you request. The letter is customized for you, providing the prospective seller with specifics, such as characteristics, how many bedrooms and baths required, range of size for home and lot, whether you want a fixer-upper or a move in ready ("turn-key") home, etc. I also include a range of price my client might be willing to pay, but I don't like to be too specific because this could indicate a willingness to pay more than what the home could be worth.
Though I mostly work in the Valley of the Moon area in Santa Rosa, Ca, I have clients who are looking in a very specific area of West Petaluma. I send out letters that are customized for my client with the sole purpose of finding the right home for my client, however, if I happen to find a seller or buyer that doesn't meet the criteria, then it's a bonus for me. Everyone wins!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 1, 2013
Mikel DeFrancesco answered:
Not unless you were planning to change the heating system anyway. Review the cost difference per unit of heat - propane is not nearly as inexpensive relatively speaking as Nat Gas - and I think you'll find your time to recoup your investment is much longer than you'd think. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Christine Norcross, MBA answered:
I would call your insurance agent. If you need a new reference for an insurance agent then call Bender insurance. Nancy Bender does a great job and can help you. You should be able to explain and get a policy for vacant home. Many people purchase a home and then do work prior to moving in so you are not the only one.

I had a smilar problem with a home I owned and I solved it by talking with my agent on what I could do to get it fixed. Ideally you don't want to have your insurance canceled. They usually send you notices and give you a heads up prior to cancelation.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice