Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

01757 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 11
Tue Aug 1, 2017
Steve Bracero answered:
Hi, There are many factors that go into what you qualify for. Your first step would be to speak with a lender.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 6, 2016
Maria Corona asked:
Hi, I recently posted a rental ad through Zillow that posted on Trulia. I cancelled my ad with Zillow, but it is still posted on Trulia. Can you please assist with canceling the ad on your…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Robyn Nasuti asked:
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Dianne Zottoli answered:
Unfortunately there is not an easy way to find out if a rental is Tenant at Will or a one year Lease without asking the listing agent unless it is listed specifically in the listing.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Wen Farina answered:
first of all be careful with the mortgage modification scams out there specially the ones that ask you for money upfront to modify you. Secondly, if your mortgage has already been modified by your lender/servicer and you have been paying be sure to keep any and all copies of all the paper work. I have seen many mod cases in dealing directly with the lenders (ran a non-profit foreclosure prevention counseling center). You can go to one of these non-profit foreclosure prevention centers for free for a foreclosure prevention counseling/consultation. If you are interested (you can email me directly at wen I'd be happy to send you the contact information on some of these counselors that can take a look at your case. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Amber Cadorette answered:
Good morning!

Are you looking in Milford or inquiring on a different town? Please feel free to send me an email with the location and I would be happy to help you with this.

In general, Milford does have parks, a bike trail, John Smith on Sumner St which is an indoor play area.

Hope this helps,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Heidi Zizza answered:
Benji duplex units are more difficult to get an FHA loan for. I am working with someone right now who is purchasing the same thing and they are going conventional with 5% down. Try to negotiate seller contributions for closing costs to help make up the difference. If you need a buyers agent you can contact me at 508-277-2032. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Metrowest Homes Team answered:
Hi, You have 3 options for a pizza restaurant in the Milford, MA area. 1. A bakery business for sale on West St. Leased store could be a pizza or deli business. 2. A commercial building for sale on Beach street. The building currently has a glass company and pizza business as tenants. 3. A small office building on Fayette St which could be converted to a pizza place. Hope this helps. Contact me if you'd like some more help. Ray Paulk ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2008
Brecht Palombo answered:
This is a straight math problem and it depends on what you can rent it for. If you are taking a monthly loss on your rental then you need to calculate what that loss means in terms of opportunity cost. If for example you're losing $300 per month then if that $300 was invested instead in your retirement plan what would it yield? You would be in a position to take depreciation on the property and that could be a benefit.

The current thinking by experts that I follow is that the local market could give up another 6-10% this year, flatten next year and then we slowly crawl out of this trough at a low single digit rate (locally anyway). If that is the case then apply this to your home.

If it's $350 now and loses 6% more then its $329 next winter, $338 the year after that, $349 the following year and so on.

So as much as this is a real estate question it is really a financial planning question, and it is a math problem. So find out what you could get for rent in the area first. Apply it against what you'll pay. Calculate your depreciation benefit which is 27.5 years straight line on the improvements (building assessed value percentage vs land). Figure on conservative rebound numbers like I've mentioned above. Now see if it makes sense.

Its true none of us has a crystal ball but there is no black magic in this equation. Call a competent accountant, fee only financial planner, or an broker who has an investment property background that can answer these questions - because that is what you're talking about turning this into, an investment.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 19, 2007
Mary Sullivan answered:
How awful!!!!

My understanding is that the lender is required only to send one letter by certified mail - 21 days prior to foreclosure. Unfortunately just talking to your lender about re fi does not stop the clock.

You may qualify for a re fi - check out these resources.

Foreclosure Relief Pro Bono Attorney Hotline
Legal Advocacy and Resource Center

Homeownership Preservation Foundation Hotline
Available in English and Spanish
888-995-HOPE (4673)

Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency
Home Saver Refinancing Program
617-854-1000 or 617-854-1025 (TDD)

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Resources include HUD approved counseling organizations
800-569-4287 or TDD 800-877-8339

Good luck - let us know the outcome!
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 9, 2007
J Lo answered:
Hi Feehly:
Since we are on trulia, I thought I'd give you an option to peruse the trulia listings:

Lots o'luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice