Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

01109 : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Wed Jun 8, 2016
William.simmons677 answered:
Yes. We have done that because we have nosey neighbors and we don't want them to know that we are renting.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 13, 2015
Christine Moran Realtor & Notary answered:
To be best of my knowledge, you do not have to be licensed to pick up "normal" garbage, but then what do you do with it? You DO have to be licensed to do certain kinds of Trash Hauling and Disposal. In other words, once you clean out the house, how you handle the trash is critical? That can be VERY costly and require multiple licenses.

It is called a "trash out" .
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 1, 2014
Christine Moran Realtor & Notary answered:
I would check out craigslist. You could place a housing wanted ad and be upfront about any problems with credit ect.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 29, 2014
Shirley Stephens answered:
Hi adamskik2,

I can assist you if you have "less than perfect credit". Contact me anytime.
Shirley Stephens, Realtor
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Lanre Folayan answered:
Pretty much all of the real estate agents here gave great answers. But I will say is if you already have a real estate agent and you are asking another real estate agent to show you a house,that should tell you that you need to terminate the exclusive buyer broker agreement with that real estate agent if you have one. Most real estate agents won't bother showing you a house if you don't have a exclusive buyer broker agreement signed with them. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Terry McCarley answered:
Yes, this is true. Wells Fargo is the only lender I have worked with that will loan less than 50k.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Robert Tranchell answered:
In a word YES! I would need more information to give a complete answer as there are many factors involved in the approval process. You can reach me at 800-497-5235
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Robert Tranchell answered:
Short sales are not treated any differently by lenders. The challenge is the rate lock as the banks many times take a long time approving the short sale. I would be happy to speak with you and explain further. 1-800-497-5235 ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Sharon Ofori answered:
Thanks for all the light shed on this. Great answers, I guess I was looking for a simply solution to a problem far more complex then then the easy way out. I will begin to look at each situation a little differently. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Homeschoolmom answered:
The fire dept in Springfield is supposed to certify all underground tank removals. They should be called in and inspect if the tank is leaking when removed. We are also buying a home in Springfield and our realtor called to verify. However, i am also going there today to get a copy of the certificate. ... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Matt answered:
#1. Short sale it if you owe more than it's worth.

#2. Wrong Springfield section. This is Mass. You want Ohio.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 10, 2010
Louis Wolfson answered:
Unfortunately you like me are at their mercy. We pay our mortgage and bills. The only time your present bank will help you is if you don't pay them or give them all the paper work they will ask you for to show them that you are broke, which will take months.

Best bet is to refi with them or another lender, but most likely your upside down and your income may not meet their lending guidelines.

There is no fairness to those of us that pay and are border line for the new tougher lending requirements. Isn't unbelievable that the banks will tell you when you go to reduce your payments that you don't qualify for the amount your looking for. Just keep paying with those higher rates. Sort of an oxymorron.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed May 19, 2010
Angela Dolber answered:
Here in MA, if the attorney has his real estate license as well, I believe he can receive some of the commission as a facilitator or buying agent if he wants to help you with the offer, home inspection, and P&S process. You need to check with him/her as to your relationship with each other.

If you came with no real estate agent on your side, then usually the listing agent will receive the full commission as agreed upon by her/him and the sellers. The commission is taken off the overall purchase price and then split between whatever agents are in the transaction, and if there is a buyer's agent representing you (which I strongly recommend these days if you've never bought a home before), then it would cost you nothing extra to have that extra guidance to help you negotiate the price, be there with you at the home inspection, work on the language for the P&S Agreement, help you find a reputable, experienced mortgage broker for financing, making sure deadlines are met by all parties involved, etc.

Just another thing to keep in mind...If the transaction doesn't go through, then your real estate agent doesn't get paid until you close on a home, but if using your attorney throughout the deal and the transaction doesn't go through, he/she may still charge you for their time per transaction.

If you'd like someone to represent you in your home buying experience, let me know. Prudential has a great website you can utilize for free to search for properties, giving you up to date information on the homes, with addresses and maps, neighborhood info, etc. Feel free to contact me anytime with questions on the home buying process or if you'd like someone to show you homes as well. Take care and I wish you well with your search!

Angela Dolber
Prudential Prime Properties
... more
1 vote 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 1, 2009
Christopher Lawton answered:
Ask the seller first to show documentation for the last treatment from the reputable service company like terminix and if the warranty is still valid! The damaged area that is found by the inspection, was it repaired by a licensed contractor? Does he warranty the work? ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 29, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
Is this for HOA, single family home.

No in almost 100% maintenance is covered by property owner. Insurance covers fire/water damage/theft, liability.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice