Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 01095 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 1
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Louise Eastman answered:
If you are using a conventional lender, a bank,etc., their attorney will do all of the due diligence necessary to assess the home for the bank. In addition, the lender's attorney will usually represent the buyer as well and review the purchase and sale agreement and advise on any issues that may come up. I also see this kind of work in reverse, as in you pick your attorney (hopefully one that has real estate as a speciality), and he is either an approved attorney of the bank, or he/she gets that approval for your sale. Even, and especially, if you are paying cash, it is important to have an attorney in your corner. Same goes for the seller. Things that can seem so straightforward, can get complicated fast, and an attorney is what you need when that happens. Of course, we always hope for smooth sailing! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice