Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All511
  • Local Info30
  • Home Buying265
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 37
Fri Aug 25, 2017
robert King asked:
additional comment within the one touch request portion of a properties page but i do not have any way to know if that message is "sent".
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 16, 2017
Cndyrams asked:
you currently have a picture of my backyard, which is private, and I want the picture changed to the front of my property.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 22, 2017
Frances Kava asked:
Long Beach Ca I would like the account at and not the one at unless it would cause my pictures to be deleted ty
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 29, 2017
Cesar_reinoso asked:
I sold the property back in November of 2016 and have been able to remove the photos on Zillow, Redfin, and in my own MLS but no such luck with Trulia.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 10, 2017
Doug.miller.ny answered:
I'm looking at the same issue but I'm converting from 6 to 4 units due to the insurance issues. iI can get Home owners insurance for a 4 unit building but any higher I have to have commercial insurance. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 16, 2015
Alex Montelongo Real Estate Group answered:
Please be very careful of things like this. Your best bet is to work with a reputable agent to help you find the property that you are looking for. Realtors are your best defense to avoid online scams.

Best of luck,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
totallystoke answered:
Wed Apr 11, 2012
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Leah Flach answered:
MLS and are my top sites.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2011
Wendy Taylor, CRS, GRI answered:
My favorite way to search in LA is to google ZIMAS the LA website for zoning. It will give you a plat map and lots of details about the property you are inquiring about. Zimas will show permits and variances as well. Your square footage may not be what the tax assessor says if their have been unpermitted additions.

Wendy Taylor, CRS, GRI
deasy/penner & partners
150 South Rodeo Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Samy answered:
If I am fined for not bringing up the codes, do I have to pay. What is the worset case scenario?

Is there a legal respresentative I can hire?

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Anthony. Creating a business page on FB will give you exposure which is the most important thing on earth when people are looking for your service. Sign up for FB and find the link, 'Create a Page for My Business'. Update it, write about your business, invite others and ask them to invite their contacts. Join real estate groups and you'll begin to see how it works.

You can also advertise your services on Craigslist, MerchantCircle, Twitter, Yelp. Here are some links to help you:

You've got a lot to do now. Sign up and start building your web presence. Don't forget, old fashion business building strategies still work, too. There's nothing quite like walking into a real estate office with a carry-box of Starbucks coffee and a stack of your business cards to hand out. Do this a couple of times and I promise you, you'll be getting calls for inspections.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 6, 2010
SueCobb answered:
I would recommend if you haven't already, is to pull a Preliminary Title Report to check if there are any liens, taxes, or judgements that need clearing off the title prior to selling or renting the property. If you do not have to sell, then don't! If you or anyone in the family ever want to come to California to live, this would be your little pot of gold to do so. I know many many families who sell and move back east for larger and cheaper estates; then decide to come back, can't because the prices are way too high.

Is the property in a Trust? Then the trustee will need to handle the paperwork for whatever you need to do. If in a Trust, you can rent or lease the property. Is this a Probate situation? Each situation requires different paperwork and you need someone who is experienced in all the different scenarios.

The properties in Harbor City are active. Either in rentals or in sales; you and your family need information from this side to help you decide what to do. You could have a someone go through the property, do a extensive visual inspection, take photos to send to you along with all the pertinent information of area sales and rentals that would be important in assisting you with your decisiton.

I would be happy to fullfill this service at no charge or obligation to you. With the detailed information I would send you could help you to determine how you want to handle this situation. I'm a realtor who has lived in Harbor City for over 30 years. I just listed a home three weeks ago and just went into escrow the other day, so I know the area and how to handle the marketing in any situation. My company has three offices to serve Los Angeles and Orange County. Rancho PV, Lomita (next to Harbor City), and Huntington Beach. We do Property Management, Leasing and Sales of Residential and Commercial Properties.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you; again no obligation.

Sue Cobb
Mattucci Real EState
(310) 809-3659
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 28, 2009
Jim Summers answered:
I always believe that information is the key in real estate, nothing is wrong in finding out the truth about a property, especially if it is already public information. Any problem can be fixed and dealt with if the facts are out on the table. In addition, properties that are in order, well maintained and have permits should reasonably receive more value and those that are not, less. First, of course, talk to you neighbor if at all possible and try and resolve your concern amicably.

Since the Granada Hills motto is "The Valley's Most Neighborly Town", I would only even consider taking action if the suspected structure actually would cause a marked decline in your property values and/or diminishes your quality of life and privacy. It may well be a "Granny flat" (640 sf max living space without a kitchen) made legal a couple year's ago by SB 1818. Enough babble...

- better to go in person to see all they have on file (takes about an hour), you can also fax.

BUILDING ACTIVITY: - this is a great site to see recent building activity.... "The purpose of the Internet based Property Activity Report is to allow easy access and visual display of general information from the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS) Plan Check and Inspection System (PCIS) and the Code Enforcement Information System (CEIS)..."

ZONING: You better check this out ... (my new website, not very polished yet) as links to the current and proposed zoning changes for all of Granada Hills - they are being reviewed now. The L.A. Planning Department's head, Gail Goldberg, recently stated that the revision of the GH's Community Plan should be finish this year.

You might want to get preliminary advice from: (1) your Neighborhood Council if you live north of the 118 frwy, or if your home is south of the 118 - they are aware of the changes and knowlegable, (2) a local homeowner or resident's group in you area, (3) the L.A. City District 12 Council Office:, I would strongly suggest an attorney specializing in real estate and land use if you want to pursue only after fininding out the facts.

P.S. If you haven't gotten it by now, the History of Granada Hills picture book was published a couple years ago by Jim's a great read!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 5, 2009
Alan May answered:
I have a mac... and am CB... but I get no tech support, because our network says they don't support the mac platform. so I'm on my own.

Fortunately, the mac is pretty much plug-and-play, and I need very little (if any) tech support.

Just make sure you're using Firefox.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 13, 2009
Kaldis Development answered:
Hello! My name is Deidre and I am with Kaldis Development. We are a real estate developer and broker. We can list your condo as well as manangement. Please contact me at 713-526-1802.
I look forward to helping you.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 20, 2008
Steve & Zee Spezzano answered:
We are happy to email comparables upon request.. Just give us a call at your earliest convenience.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice