Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Willow Glen : Real Estate Advice

  • All85
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 2
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Leili Mortaz answered:
Most towns in silicon valley have updated their building codes to allow for a granny unit, but the addition has to comply with ALL the set back, and code requirements. You should also contact the Utility company to see if they might need to upgrade your Meter depending on the use you anticipate from the new unit.

If the unit is fully permitted you can actually request a NEW address for it and rent it for much higher value specially if it's in a great school district.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 9, 2013
charles butterfield answered:
Terri Vellios nad Vicke Chandler have given you excellent anawers.

I will add that you can also check with the Building Inspection Department. The have that information if the work was done with permits.

Thank you,
Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estrate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice