Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Pasadena : Real Estate Advice

  • All186
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying56
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Thu May 26, 2016
Alisonsadler answered:
Hi there -
I have an empty lot where I am interested in adding an accessory building (large shed).
I will be using it as an artist studio. If it is built to residential code can it later be considered a residence if I wanted to add a bathroom etc..?
If it were to stay classified as an accessory building and outfitted with bathroom etc could it be mortgaged by a potential buyer in the future? In other words could the shed be considered as a residence if outfitted as such without the permit status altering?
Any clues out there?
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Wed May 4, 2016
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Mordruu, you will have to pull permits to rebuild it and will have to go thru the city planning dept for city rules and regulations. You can use the 203k loan to do the work from a minimum 580 fico score.

The streamline 203k is from 5k up to 35k in repairs and you will have a cost/material estimator to work with the 203k loan.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify and go over your options. Here are some links to study about me as well as web reference links to many loan programs...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 26, 2011
Anthony Perez answered:
There's a lot to consider, the size of the house, access, number of fixtures, fixtures require changing? Contractors are hungry right now you can get some fairly good savings.

RESEARCH your contractors! Make sure they have at least 5 years on the license! Have I seen some really bad things by done licensed contractors.

Workers Comp, Liability, referrals!!! A couple of hours can save you months of headaches and loss of $$$$$
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 4, 2010
Carrie Benuska answered:
I like Seismic Safety They have been around a long time and do good work! Good luck!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice